What about these pistons>>

You can get both wiseco pistons and rings for $90? I thought them where cheap.

oh $90 a set? no thats not happening. but i dont think id trust any pistons that were 90 a set. unless there is some good feedback on the durability and quality of these, id run from them and never look back.

I know I'm probably the only one running them, but I've had them for about two years racing flat track/trail riding and haven't had any issues with them at all. Rings are still sealing (165 in each hole, same since I built the motor).

I only bought them at that time because money was tight and I chanced it and now I'm happy with my choice.

I tore the top end down at the beginning of the year and everything was still in spec.

Edited by someone82

I know I'm probably the only one running them, but I've had them for about two years racing flat track/trail riding and haven't had any issues with them at all. Rings are still sealing (165 in each hole, same since I built the motor).

I only bought them at that time because money was tight and I chanced it and now I'm happy with my choice.

I tore the top end down at the beginning of the year and everything was still in spec.

i got a buddy that is running them.they looked nice and hes had them for 1.5 yrs and never had an issue and it gets beat.if i was low on cash id buy em all day.if i had cash,vitos superstock forged usa.if i had more money,the m&h pistons and a port job.actually for the cost,ud be damn close to the vitos.buy those pistons and have ur jugs ported and have like $350 in a bad mofo.

My biggest problem with that site and those pistons are the rider credits the pistons to being able to beat other bikes he couldn't before, etc. etc.

Either the motor was flat out worn out, out of tune or the guy learned how to ride.

NO Piston on the face of the earth makes that big of a difference.

However...

In a worn out motor, ANY new piston is better than what's in there....

If you guys are having good luck with them, great. I'm trying a new piston this year myself from Vitos for my cub.

Cost is about the same...so it's not a money thing, I have faith in the design and idea behind it.

My biggest problem with that site and those pistons are the rider credits the pistons to being able to beat other bikes he couldn't before, etc. etc.

Either the motor was flat out worn out, out of tune or the guy learned how to ride.

NO Piston on the face of the earth makes that big of a difference.

I totally agree with you on this point. Did I notice a power increse due to the pistons. No

Did I have a noticeable increase of power due to my porting, tuning, etc... yes but I would never put it on the pistons alone.

I had a wiseco piston sitting around and I compared them to the M&H pistons when I built the motor (dome, windows diamentions etc..) and they were basiclly all the same.

One plus the guy that ran "turbo1racing" when I bought the pistons did awnser all my questions up front with no delay.

Here is the deal tho, as you know if you have a piston faliure it is most likely due to improper clearences, lack of chamfering ports, poor tuning, cold seizing the motor, sloppy rods, etc... etc... If you have your machine work and etc. done right the first time, you really shouldn't have any type of faliure. Basicly a lack of attention to details casues failures, and sadly it happens way to often in the aftermarket/racing world and so people go an blame the part that has the most damage instead of really looking into the cause.

Edited by someone82

If your doing a port job with the rebuild you need to throw them vitos pistons in the trash. They only change exhaust timing some any good builder will tell you let them do that with the cylinders not the pistons. Just go get yourself some weiscos and call it a day. The main difference between them cheap ass pistons and the more expensive weiscos is that the weiscos are a forged piston as where them cheap ones are only a cast piston which is junk. If your going to spend the money do it right the first time. Also just to let you know a good port job alone is going to run you $350 just labor that aint including shipping, pistons gaskets or anything else you would need. I just paid jeff at FAST over $600 to bore, hone, port job, new pistons, gaskets, jets and a couple other little things. Let me just add it was worth every penny. Thanks again Jeff

M&H pistons are forged

Vito's Pistons are forged except for their Cast oem style replacement pistons.

Here is the deal tho, as you know if you have a piston faliure it is most likely due to improper clearences, lack of chamfering ports, poor tuning, cold seizing the motor, sloppy rods, etc... etc... If you have your machine work and etc. done right the first time, you really shouldn't have any type of faliure. Basicly a lack of attention to details casues failures, and sadly it happens way to often in the aftermarket/racing world and so people go an blame the part that has the most damage instead of really looking into the cause.

Well put...

In addition to proper machine work and clearance...proper tune is just as important, only thing I'd add there.

The Vitos pistons I'm going to be using are for the cub.

Blaster piston dome and the specs are a little different than the Wiseco blaster pistons...

The intake bridge is thicker...and anyone that runs a cub knows what the intake does to Wiseco on the intake side (striping) and the skirt is a little longer...as well.

I wouldn't always say cheap pistons are junk.. I've seen just as many failures from wiseco's as I have cheaper pistons.. Working in a dealership service dept you see ALOT of older bikes come through that use all sorts of different parts.. From what I've see.. If there is a piston failure.. its usually do to improper setup of the bore or they failed to change the piston when it was due. I've used a brand called "art" for years.. its a cast piston. and they hold up very well. ($125 a set)

I think am going to try them worth a shot.

Cool man, good luck but two things; one I didn't like their gasket set as their base gaskets were rather thick (I don't remeber their spec) as it would have hurt my port timing and squish as well, so I just stuck with the weisco gaskets. Two I don't know if this build is your first or not but make sure you take the pistons and cylinders to someone that has experance with boring 2 stroke motors (and not just weed-eaters) and make sure to ask if they will chamfer the ports for you. If not just send them off to F.A.S.T. and Jeff will take care of ya.

Well put...

In addition to proper machine work and clearance...proper tune is just as important, only thing I'd add there.

The Vitos pistons I'm going to be using are for the cub.

Blaster piston dome and the specs are a little different than the Wiseco blaster pistons...

The intake bridge is thicker...and anyone that runs a cub knows what the intake does to Wiseco on the intake side (striping) and the skirt is a little longer...as well.

Yeah your right tuning is a huge factor in the relibility of the motor/pistons as well. That is interesting about the blaster pistons tho, something I'll keep in mind for my next motor.

I wouldn't always say cheap pistons are junk.. I've seen just as many failures from wiseco's as I have cheaper pistons.. Working in a dealership service dept you see ALOT of older bikes come through that use all sorts of different parts.. From what I've see.. If there is a piston failure.. its usually do to improper setup of the bore or they failed to change the piston when it was due. I've used a brand called "art" for years.. its a cast piston. and they hold up very well. ($125 a set)

I can only imagine what you've seen working at a dealership...

IMG_7590.jpg

We now offer (in limited supply) a piston very similar to the Vitos Superstock pistons. We are still in the testing stage to decide what measurements we want for the final product of this.

We also have redone our clutch plates. The original ones are a good stock replacement plate. The new ones have the added surface like the streetbike plates.