is this worth it?

I posted a wanted ad on craigslist for a banshee project. Someone replied and I have been e-mailing him for the past couple days. He has a 1997 shee it is mostly a complete roller but the mounts where the rear shock connect are broken (not an issue, my brother is a professional welder) it is also missing the tank and radiator shrouds, the coolant hoses, motor mounts and some wiring. Hes also going to throw in a motor that has some porting and the case is powder coated. He says that the engine came out of a drag bike that his dad bought but they never ran it and they dont know if it runs. Im not too worried if it runs because I am a semi-pro engine mechanic. He is asking $500 for eveything. I have to drive about an hour to pick all the stuff up. Is this a good deal??

I posted a wanted ad on craigslist for a banshee project. Someone replied and I have been e-mailing him for the past couple days. He has a 1997 shee it is mostly a complete roller but the mounts where the rear shock connect are broken (not an issue, my brother is a professional welder) it is also missing the tank and radiator shrouds, the coolant hoses, motor mounts and some wiring. Hes also going to throw in a motor that has some porting and the case is powder coated. He says that the engine came out of a drag bike that his dad bought but they never ran it and they dont know if it runs. Im not too worried if it runs because I am a semi-pro engine mechanic. He is asking $500 for eveything. I have to drive about an hour to pick all the stuff up. Is this a good deal??

sounds decent, i have a few frames and all the missing stuff, harness, motor mounts, hoses ect. pm me if you need parts.

i bought my project for 500 bucks. but it was a complete bike beat to hell and back.

i did top end rebuild, clutch, all new bushings bearings, pipes, chain, sprocket. basically everything needed replaced but it was a completely bone stock banshee.

i already have about 2500 total invested into the bike, but its built the way i want it to be.

just saying some projects you really need to think about what all you need and what its going to cost you.

IMO i would just buy a bike that needs a fresh top end for around 1000-1500 dollar range and start from there

i bought my project for 500 bucks. but it was a complete bike beat to hell and back.

i did top end rebuild, clutch, all new bushings bearings, pipes, chain, sprocket. basically everything needed replaced but it was a completely bone stock banshee.

i already have about 2500 total invested into the bike, but its built the way i want it to be.

just saying some projects you really need to think about what all you need and what its going to cost you.

IMO i would just buy a bike that needs a fresh top end for around 1000-1500 dollar range and start from there

Ya, thats the issue is that I already have my banshee built how I want it I was just going to buy another for friends to ride or to sell and make a little cash. I also wrecked my shee 3 weeks ago and Im still putting it back together (45 mph blindsided a wall at night). and my brother shattered his stator on his so his is getting put back together, I have no room in my garage!!

yeah the only way i would really buy is to use it for parts.

dont get me wrong i had a great time building mine, but you really start forking out some cash.

realistically i could of just done the top end rebuild and had a beater banshee for 800 bucks, but i couldnt just stop there lol.

i bought a freshly rebuilt bone stock blaster for 600 bucks. thats the best way to go as far as buying a bike for your friends to ride. lol and they are fun as hell too haha

sounds like a deal to me I'd buy it