rz

What are the differences between rz and banshee motors ? What are the pros and cons of the differences?

I'm not a pro, but I believe the main ddifferences are the powervalves and the ignition system.

IMO RZ cylinders are much more desirable than banshee cylinders because the powervalves give you a much wider powerband and you can go more radical on the exhaust duration because at low rpm's the valve keeps the timing in check

I'm not a pro, but I believe the main ddifferences are the powervalves and the ignition system.

IMO RZ cylinders are much more desirable than banshee cylinders because the powervalves give you a much wider powerband and you can go more radical on the exhaust duration because at low rpm's the valve keeps the timing in check

it has pwervalves, and taller, beefed gearing...and a couple other things, but basically a bansee motor. more top and lowend.....if you want"radical" timing, just go with some cheetah pv cyls, which add some mid-low to a drag port, but have larger transfers to accomidate....imho, it's a wase of good cylinders to drag port an rz, but they make for awesome trail cyls from the get-go

it has pwervalves, and taller, beefed gearing...and a couple other things, but basically a bansee motor. more top and lowend.....if you want"radical" timing, just go with some cheetah pv cyls, which add some mid-low to a drag port, but have larger transfers to accomidate....imho, it's a wase of good cylinders to drag port an rz, but they make for awesome trail cyls from the get-go

Pv cylinders are wawesome for sure. You lose the top end hit and violent powerband but riding is so much less tiring.

When I still had my 10mill PV cheetah I was riding at the Seminoe dunes in Wyoming And there are some massive steep and long dunes there..i remember hammering up the tallest one in 5th gear pinned, ready to shift into 6th but i ran out of hill. And the thing was geared for 100mph.

A Raptor 700 that was there was struggling in 3rd lol.

I could actually launch it hard in 3rd but my swingarm was way too short

I think I have some pics of seminoe...

Pv cylinders are wawesome for sure. You lose the top end hit and violent powerband but riding is so much less tiring.

When I still had my 10mill PV cheetah I was riding at the Seminoe dunes in Wyoming And there are some massive steep and long dunes there..i remember hammering up the tallest one in 5th gear pinned, ready to shift into 6th but i ran out of hill. And the thing was geared for 100mph.

A Raptor 700 that was there was struggling in 3rd lol.

I could actually launch it hard in 3rd but my swingarm was way too short

I think I have some pics of seminoe...

Ha! Found some pics

Enjoy

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

post-703-1156434388.jpg

post-703-1156434457.jpg

post-703-1156434526.jpg

post-5-1145804403.jpg

post-5-1121990367.jpg

Edited by SLORYDER

lol, yah, allot transfers back and forth...that's just how they come for streetbikes...i'm ready to start coughin, and i won't kick your nutz then....you can do that yourself...... i would buy a rz for that price, i a heartbeat....get the servos, if you can.....they will be needed.....and then you are going to need a cdi that can controll them. the dyna fs works

Rz engines have powervalve cylinders, a DC electrical system, and a WIDE RATIO transmission. Banshee cylinders have a bigger water jacket for better cooling because they don't have a powervalve, a Banshee electrical system is AC and Banshees have a CLOSE RATIO transmission. There are some other differences such as the RZ has a speedo drive and an oil injector pump, etc. Unless you are running on the asphalt stay with the close ratio tranny.As long as you use the complete gear set, the Banshee and RZ trannys are interchangeable.