Coolhead-Question

im thinkin of getting a coolhead for my 09 banshee, nothings on it so far just a pair of the new t5's n dual K&N air filters.

does a coolhead really make a notiicable difference?

and Does it make it less reliable ?

Mines in top shape thankgod n i already smoke yfz n raptors n the rest of the 450's... that have mostly the same mods as mine...

im thinkin of getting a coolhead for my 09 banshee, nothings on it so far just a pair of the new t5's n dual K&N air filters.

Mines in top shape thankgod n i already smoke yfz n raptors n the rest of the 450's... that have mostly the same mods as mine...

[/

Coolheads are a great investment. They offer a great cooling advantage and let you change your dome size for greater or less commpresion. Theres a few different kinds out there. I would stick with the one piece design like I offer for a couple reasons. Theres no need to change head studs. Use factory ones. The one piece design offers a greater coolant capacity which means better cooling that in turn means better performance. I have them in billet, red, black or blue and offer a package deal with domes, head, orings and acorn nuts to all HQ members. Shoot me a pm, email or give me a shout anytime.

modquadheads.jpg

[/

Coolheads are a great investment. They offer a great cooling advantage and let you change your dome size for greater or less commpresion. Theres a few different kinds out there. I would stick with the one piece design like I offer for a couple reasons. Theres no need to change head studs. Use factory ones. The one piece design offers a greater coolant capacity which means better cooling that in turn means better performance. I have them in billet, red, black or blue and offer a package deal with domes, head, orings and acorn nuts to all HQ members. Shoot me a pm, email or give me a shout anytime.

modquadheads.jpg

Ty for the info =3

I know I am going to be on the opposite side of a lot of people here, but I do not think the cool head is worth it as one of the first mods for the banshee, the only power you will gain is from changing the compression.

You asked if it makes a notable difference, As far as what? If you are suffering from overheating, a larger radiator is needed, if you want more power I would put the money towards a port job.

IMHO

B

I know I am going to be on the opposite side of a lot of people here, but I do not think the cool head is worth it as one of the first mods for the banshee, the only power you will gain is from changing the compression.

You asked if it makes a notable difference, As far as what? If you are suffering from overheating, a larger radiator is needed, if you want more power I would put the money towards a port job.

IMHO

B

i have a 30% bigger radiator (aluminum-new) and i still get fluid on top of my pipes wen hot,as did the stock one. im more worried about stayin cool then compression,would it be a good investment 4 me. i have the 30% radiator-(2)in line coolers,one on in and out lines,and i run engine ice coolant,thinkin it would help. nothin. i hear all good about the 21c.c domes,but since ur the only 1 i have heard on the oposing side,wat would u think? thanx

I prefer the 2 piece Cool heads, Like the NOSS Machine Head. They are easier to install. You just set one dome over each cylinder. Then slide the shell down. Then Install the top cover. Having a 2 pice head allows you to line the domes up as you slide the shell on. With a 1 pice head you cant see if the domes are lined up with the holding figer / locating tab.

Give dave noss a call. He is a really good guy to deal with, and can get you hooked up. His head also uses the factory length studs.

http://www.nossmachine.com/banshee_heads.htm

josh

I prefer the 2 piece Cool heads, Like the NOSS Machine Head. They are easier to install. You just set one dome over each cylinder. Then slide the shell down. Then Install the top cover. Having a 2 pice head allows you to line the domes up as you slide the shell on. With a 1 pice head you cant see if the domes are lined up with the holding figer / locating tab.

Give dave noss a call. He is a really good guy to deal with, and can get you hooked up. His head also uses the factory length studs.

http://www.nossmachine.com/banshee_heads.htm

josh

cosign.

I'll add that with a 2 peace you can change the domes as you add mods for more or less compression. Dave at Noss has been a site sponcer for as far back as I can remember. He will help you pick the wright domes and answer whatever questions you may have. Oh and the coolhead doesnt do much for the quads temp.

First thing is if you quad is pretty much stock and its overheating, You better start looking at rejetting because it sounds like your running lean. A stock rad is more then enough to cool your bike. As far as coolheads I prefer the 2 piece design because they can remove more material then the one piece designs which means better flow which equals better cooling. I also know that a few of the guys on here are complaining about the modquad heads leaking. I run a 2 piece vitos hemi head and I love it no problems and no leaks.

0000360.jpg

cool heads are a great investment they help cool the motor where it is most needed, and with cooler cylinder head area more power can be made, with a cool head I would also get a timing advance plate. it will make it more reliable, they don't blow gaskets as much as a modded head will, I like mine and it's a two peice design, any of them are great and the colored ones look awsome!

Edited by toytech

2 things here fellas. The one piece design you can also change domes very easy and they also use the stock studs. So no need to spend another $35 for pro design studs. Also the one piece design allows for more coolent capacity. Not the 2 piece. Your backwards on that one. As for the hemi head by vitos you would be very surprised by who actually makes them. I think it's so funny when one dislikes a cerain head but loves another one that's made by the same company.

As for the hemi head by vitos you would be very surprised by who actually makes them. I think it's so funny when one dislikes a cerain head but loves another one that's made by the same company.

If it is the two piece head then we used to make them for Vito's but not the first ones (those were from elsewhere). The one in the picture was a two piece and we made that one for Vito's. We do not make the one piece heads for Vito's nor do we make anything else for them now. We made all of his billet parts at one time. Just an additional "surprise".

If it is the two piece head then we used to make them for Vito's but not the first ones (those were from elsewhere). The one in the picture was a two piece and we made that one for Vito's. We do not make the one piece heads for Vito's nor do we make anything else for them now. We made all of his billet parts at one time. Just an additional "surprise".

Yes people would be very surprised if they new who really made most of the parts that some places just put there name on. There one piece head isnt made by them either. Theres actually alot of parts that have a name on them that isnt made by them at all. The ones I like are the people who hate one company or whatever and then the part they brag about is actually made by the company they dont like. Makes me laugh every time. Thanks for the input Chariot. I didnt no that. Like you said, Another surprise. lol.

Yes people would be very surprised if they new who really made most of the parts that some places just put there name on. There one piece head isnt made by them either. Theres actually alot of parts that have a name on them that isnt made by them at all. The ones I like are the people who hate one company or whatever and then the part they brag about is actually made by the company they dont like. Makes me laugh every time. Thanks for the input Chariot. I didnt no that. Like you said, Another surprise. lol.

I know that vitos didnt make it I knew it was Chariot that made them. And I dont believe there is no way to remove the same amount of material from a one as a two piece and if you do a search one of the makers of coolheads was on here saying the same thing and he is a guy that makes them and as far as studs mine came with them from vitos and acorn nuts. I'm not trying to argue the point I'm just trying to give an opinion that was asked for. And really I dont care who made it all I know is that it works great and I've never had a problem with it leaking like I've read on here numerous times about the modquad ones. And then for them to say just silicone it it sounds to me they need to do a little more R&D.