Entended or stock a-arms for Sand Duner

decon

okay so I've came to a conclusion that I really don't need extended a-arms for the sand dunes. Right now I have the YFZ450 a-arms and spindles with the YFZ450R LT shocks. This setup is sweet in the sand but seems like a bitch to steer. I was thinking of switching back to the stock a-arms with a good set of shocks maybe? I have a +4 swinger in the back with a works shock but will most likely get a shock setup for my weight and riding style as well when I get the fronts.

I mean I dont really ride too many whoops, i usually just dune and drag. I have a Ant-Vibe stem so im not too worried about hitting bumps.

My REAL question is how well does extended a-arms really benefit you? I understand its wider but is it really necessary in the sand dunes? I mean I dont do MX, other than riding in the dunes I do trails so I dont want my bike so wide. Plus, with the stock setup turning is so much easier since its not as wide. Please any opinions would be helpful, thanks.

Edited by dEcon

I run stock width arms up front and a wider axle in the rear with a +4 swingarm. This gives me all the stability I need to sidehill anything that is rideable in the Oregon Dunes. Wider A arms might give you more suspension travel in front but my stock width arms with my Works shocks work just fine for me. If you are going to haul ass through the whoops, your front tires should just be skimming the tops of the whoops anyways.

i think you would be happier with +2+1 arms made for the banshee, just my opinion but i don't find mine hard to steer with the +2+1 arms i put on mine, I don't think the yfz arms are good on the banshee at all