Question on this unusual jet combination

jon321

Well I decided to rejet the quad and took out the 320"s and replaced them with 340"s,anyway after I put the 340"s in i noticed my idle was very high from when I had the 320"s in there, so i checked all the little hoses,the boots on the carbs and did a soapy spray test to see if there was any air leaks . So upon closer inspection of the 320"s that were in there this is what I found the one on the left is a 320 with a countersink and the one on the right is a 320 RD normal . I was starting think that the carbs were dialed in for these jets and when i put in those 340"s it may of set the idle off a bit. I dont know why someone put two differenly machined jets in there , but they are the same numbers though, What do you guys think the story behind these jets are?Carbs are Mikuni 34mmPicture118.jpg

name='jon321' date='27 April 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1272437241' post='1123885']

When RD jets come into my shop, they go straight in the trash can.

"NO RD JETS ALLOWED!"

[/quote

What are RD jets anyway?

Really Dumb Jets :rotflmao:

hahaha, well, i'm willing to bet you pulled or bumped something, like a float, or just didn't get the cable seated all the way back in. check the sync first......

and, a side note- mikuni jet size denotes flow, which includes taper, as well as oriface size...not that it really matters, here

hahaha, well, i'm willing to bet you pulled or bumped something, like a float, or just didn't get the cable seated all the way back in. check the sync first......

and, a side note- mikuni jet size denotes flow, which includes taper, as well as oriface size...not that it really matters, here

Hey everyone my quads running like a top,so problem resolved