D arm joint replacement

Wanting to replace my ball joints on my j arms. they got a lot of play it seems like, and want to fix it before it gets worse. they are the LSR d arms, sandrageshee pointed me towards the 1987 warrior screw in type, and i think hes right. anyone know where to order a set of them from? or a how to, on beefing them up with some civic BJs? i did a search and found it was a popular mod for the MXers. but i dont know bout reeming these expensive arms

4544812640_cb79c0c0ae.jpg

4544812634_773f4cb749.jpg

assembly picture of warrior

Yes you need Warrior ball joints, the Yamaha part number is 1UY-23549-00-00 and you can get them from any Yamaha dealer. or CheapCycleParts.com or RideNowPowersports.com online. RideNow will probably be the cheapest. You can also get them from BikeBandit but you will have to find their part number. I don't recomend the Honda balljoint mod, it is not needed with the D arms. I have the Lonestar D arms also and have never wore out a set of ball joints. If you need to look up the numbers yourself, the application is a 87 Warrior and it is the same number for all 4 joints.

Yes you need Warrior ball joints, the Yamaha part number is 1UY-23549-00-00 and you can get them from any Yamaha dealer. or CheapCycleParts.com or RideNowPowersports.com online. RideNow will probably be the cheapest. You can also get them from BikeBandit but you will have to find their part number. I don't recomend the Honda balljoint mod, it is not needed with the D arms. I have the Lonestar D arms also and have never wore out a set of ball joints. If you need to look up the numbers yourself, the application is a 87 Warrior and it is the same number for all 4 joints.

they make a lot of noise, and even with the tire on the ground, i can tell theres play in them.

they make a lot of noise, and even with the tire on the ground, i can tell theres play in them.

Make sure the play is not at the pivot on the frame, J arm or D arm bikes are notoriuos for wearing out the pivot bushings. That and the fact that Jarms bend pretty easy is the reason Yamaha switched to A arms.

Make sure the play is not at the pivot on the frame, J arm or D arm bikes are notoriuos for wearing out the pivot bushings. That and the fact that Jarms bend pretty easy is the reason Yamaha switched to A arms.

they arent bent, the a arm frame has bent a arms. will be replacing those soon, but want to keep it stock size for trails, so whoevers riding it is not smacking into trees and stuff.

if its the bushings, i dont even know where to start with those.... think ill start with the shox and springs.

I had a set of them and i was led to believe it was the joints and yours could be bad but look at the holes on the frame where the arms are mounted too. mine were oval and it gave the impression the ball joints were bad. i welded washers to the frame for the fix.

they arent bent, the a arm frame has bent a arms. will be replacing those soon, but want to keep it stock size for trails, so whoevers riding it is not smacking into trees and stuff.

if its the bushings, i dont even know where to start with those.... think ill start with the shox and springs.

It does no good to have new shocks and springs if the control arms are flopping around loosely on the frame. You have to have all your pivot points tight so your wheels stay in alignment to have a good handling bike.