New to the forum, just purchased a 2002 Banshee

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I purchased a nearly stock 2002 Banshee last night. The only mods are a K&N filter (without factory airbox), and some cosmetic mods.

I purchased a used set of FMF Fatty pipes, Powecore II silencers and will be purchasing an FMF powerup kit before installing the exhaust. I also have a set of nerf bars, cooler rack and skidplates to install.

I also have a 2008 Raptor 700R, so I'm not new to Yamahas, only to two-strokes.

Here's a pic of my two bikes:

Raptorbanshee1.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I purchased a nearly stock 2002 Banshee last night. The only mods are a K&N filter (without factory airbox), and some cosmetic mods.

I purchased a used set of FMF Fatty pipes, Powecore II silencers and will be purchasing an FMF powerup kit before installing the exhaust. I also have a set of nerf bars, cooler rack and skidplates to install.

I also have a 2008 Raptor 700R, so I'm not new to Yamahas, only to two-strokes.

Welcome aboard! Nice machines! This site a bar none the best Banshee site on the net!

I just checked in a few days ago. I bought a totally stock and mint 01 yesterday.

Brad

Edited by BMP

Welcome to the site man. Hit up us sponsors for all your needs and HQ discounts . We all specialize in a little something and can offer you great advice, parts and service. Shoot a pm anytime. :headbang:

welcome man jus a thought but instead of buying the power upkit ,the ones ive seen are like 80 bucks, list ur mods / altitude and somone will get you close to where ur jetting/ needles need to be then u can buy jets from jets r us or fast or anywhere for a buttload less money shoot.... then u can buy a timin plate or somthing to get you a lil quicker with the loot saved :D

Edited by shakar

welcome to BHQ bro. :cheers:

welcome man jus a thought but instead of buying the power upkit ,the ones ive seen are like 80 bucks, list ur mods / altitude and somone will get you close to where ur jetting/ needles need to be then u can buy jets from jets r us or fast or anywhere for a buttload less money shoot.... then u can buy a timin plate or somthing to get you a lil quicker with the loot saved :D

agreed

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. To me, this mostly stock banshee is tremendously fast the way it sits.

Am I in for a big shock when I install the exhaust and jet kit? lol

Looking forward to Saturday so I can start wrenching on this baby.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the banshee run you?

Whats faster: your raptor or banshee? Just asking cause I have a friend that has the same raptor - 2008 just different colors.

Right now I think the Raptor has the edge, since it has a full exhaust system on it.

That being said, I think the banshee is going to be able to out run it once I slap the exhaust on it. It's just so much lighter than the Raptor.