1/4 Mile Gearing

Rockero

I am trying to get the quads allowed on the 1/4 asphalt track. The owner wants to see us running the strip before allowing us.

What gearing and tires will be good for the 1/4 mile?

My banshee got stock chassis, +6 swing arm, 3.5" forward a-arms, 421 long rod cub, 38 mikunis.

All your help will be appreciated.

I am trying to get the quads allowed on the 1/4 asphalt track. The owner wants to see us running the strip before allowing us.

What gearing and tires will be good for the 1/4 mile?

My banshee got stock chassis, +6 swing arm, 3.5" forward a-arms, 421 long rod cub, 38 mikunis.

All your help will be appreciated.

what primary gears are you running? and what axle, with what sprocket hub (banshee/honda), what size tires?

stock primaries, i think people are running like 18/39-40, 2.81 primaries would be like a 17/39-40, 2.63/2.36 primaries would be different ext

that would also depend on the sprocket hub if you have a drag axle with a honda hub you can get down to like a 33 rear sprocket.

the tire sizes would probably be a 20x8x10 tire i would guess, but there are tall and shorter tires out there too..

a longer swinger or a wheelie bar also, my fast ported 421 cub still carries the wheels 3-4 with a + 12 and im + 3.5 in front to... american racers are good drag tires mine ar 20.5x10x10 d-23 compound. you wont be able to spin the amer racers much, so if you know how to set up your lockup clutch to slip then grab just the right amount it will also help,

i have a plus 8 tyson arm for sale with one ride on it if your intrested..

pm me if you want more info on a clutch setup..

chris

• 2 weeks later...

Best setup with that size of motor and for your chassis.

American Racer 20/8/10GT Compound #SD23. Rollout is 63" weighs 10lbs. Don't go bigger then that tire size.

Sprocket ratio 2:12, 2:11, 2:10 for 1/4 mile with a 6 speed tranny.

If you need more help on setups for 1/4 mile. Let me know.

My motor is a DM 557cc 10mm with 74.50mm bore. 141hp on alky. I use the AM 20/8/10GT tires.

I have been racing 1/4 mile on a Banshee since 1991.

I got American Racer tire at dealer cost for the atv asphalt draggers.