Banshee hard to cold start

hey i have an 01 banshee and i bought it with a bad trans and fixed all that and the only problem that i have is if i let the banshee sit for a few days or anytime i try to start it when the engine is cold, it wont start if i have a buddy push it ten feet or less and let the clutch out it will fire right up and run and idle and everything the kick starter just wont start it. carbs are clean, good spark, good compression, jetting seems correct looking at the plugs and it runs correctly when it warms up. im just kinda lost with it and its pissing me off i have worked on bikes and quads for 6+ years and have went to school for it and all that but idk what to do to make it start easier, i was wondering if running a higher compression ratio is whats making it harder to start and if i got an adjustable timing plate would maybe help it start a little better

thanks

hey i have an 01 banshee and i bought it with a bad trans and fixed all that and the only problem that i have is if i let the banshee sit for a few days or anytime i try to start it when the engine is cold, it wont start if i have a buddy push it ten feet or less and let the clutch out it will fire right up and run and idle and everything the kick starter just wont start it. carbs are clean, good spark, good compression, jetting seems correct looking at the plugs and it runs correctly when it warms up. im just kinda lost with it and its pissing me off i have worked on bikes and quads for 6+ years and have went to school for it and all that but idk what to do to make it start easier, i was wondering if running a higher compression ratio is whats making it harder to start and if i got an adjustable timing plate would maybe help it start a little better

thanks

VERIFY YOUR CHOKE IS WORKING. NEXT TIME THE ENGINE IS RUNNING AT IDLE PULL THE CHOKE ALL THE WAY OUT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. IF ENGINE TONE CHANGES THE CHOKE IS WORKING.

MY SHEE DID THIS, HARD START ( WORSE IN COOLER TEMPS) , I FOUND IF THE VENT LINE ON FUEL CAP WAS PRESURISED WHILE KICK STARTING IT FIRED RIGHT UP. LONG STORY SHORT, CHECK TO SEE IF THE FLOAT BOWLS ARE ON THE CORRECT CARBS. AND BE SURE THE JET IN THE LEFT SIDE CARB FLOAT BOWL IS NOT PLUGGED (IT SCREWS INTO BOWL ITSELF, NOT THE MAIN JET OR PILOT). THATS WHERE I FOUND MY PROBLEM.