Carb slides

formula1

Might be over looking something easy. But I just did a TORS removal and I drilled and tap the hole for the idle screw. As I am putting it back together I cant get both of the slides facing the right way. Its like I have 2 right carb slides. I cant switch them because then the small grove one line up with the notch, and then the beveled side is not facing the air filter. So I guess my question is are the slides supposed to be the same or is there a right and a left. No idea how I have 2 of the same if thats the case.

there is little dots on the slides that likne up with the windows in the side whe they are right.........otherwise there is something wrong......id there burrs on the holes you drilled? is a slide dowel falling out?

There is no dots on these slides. They both fit the right in the right carb with the moon shape towards the air filter. But neither will fit in the right without the moon shape towards the engine. So some how somebody maybe replaced one and got the wrong one. Guess I will need to order a slide. Any idea where to get one the yamaha dealer wants like almost 90 bucks for one.

you don't haven multiple sets of carbs laying around do? Next if you did the drilling and tapping right for your idle screws the right carb should of been drilled and tapped on the right side of the carb and on the left carb you should of drilled and tapped the left side of the carb. If foe some reason you drilled and tapped the left carb on the right side this would enplane what went wrong. Now if every thing checked so far take your slides and set them up like they would be in carbs on the bike. There should be a long skinny slot that runs from the top to the bottom of the slides and they should face to the center of the bike. on the out sides there should be a short wide ramped slot. hope this helps.

you don't haven multiple sets of carbs laying around do? Next if you did the drilling and tapping right for your idle screws the right carb should of been drilled and tapped on the right side of the carb and on the left carb you should of drilled and tapped the left side of the carb. If foe some reason you drilled and tapped the left carb on the right side this would enplane what went wrong. Now if every thing checked so far take your slides and set them up like they would be in carbs on the bike. There should be a long skinny slot that runs from the top to the bottom of the slides and they should face to the center of the bike. on the out sides there should be a short wide ramped slot. hope this helps.

Yeah I drilled the holes and taped them on the correct sides. I just cant figure out why this smuck I bought it from would have 2 right slides. Is there any numbering or anything on the stock carbs so I can confirm that's what I do have so I get the right size slide? I looked it over and only saw a few numbers and letters but nothing really that I noticed?

only numbers on there is the 2.0 slide cutout. the 2 slides should mirror each-other, except for the little dot near the bottom on the side. it's next to the idle screw ramp on the right slide, and next to the allignment groove on the left slide

If they are right and left carbs, the left carb has a choke, the right doesn't. You should be able to connect a tube from left to right for the choke.

For the cost of a new slide, you can buy a set of used carbs damn near.

It's simple, really....like you said. You can only put the slides in stock carbs two ways because of the groove/pin.

One way is right, the other is backwards. If the cutout/half moon is facing the motor...it's backwards.

Hit up Minkia38 or Motor City ATV to see if he'll sell just a single carb slide.