Toomey 2:1 Intake

kswayze

It's a good intake setup and flows well. The tubes leading to the carbs provide a less turbulent air intake and should give a little better throttle response but it won't give as much power as dual K&N pods straight on the carbs. If you're set on this 2:1 intake kit then I would say try to find a K&N that would fit onto the 2:1 tubes with an outerwear as opposed to using Toomey's foam filter. Just my opinion that foam filters aren't that great. Also you're going to need to figure out a way to support the setup because the weight of the filter on the tubes could eventually lead to cracking and an air leak!

I have been using one on my bike since 1992, I got mine when you could get them from Toomey with a K&N on them. Both of the Banshees my wife has had have had them from day one. I am not positive, I don't have my parts list here, but I think the K&N filter number for it is RU0880. I like them because it is only one filter to clean instead of 2 per Banshee. When you have more than 1, you can spend alot of time cleaning filters.

I had this but got sick of the foam filter. I think they're a mess. You'll need to wrap the stinger tube cause I melted two outerwears. I wanted to find a K&N to fit it but you have to have a ring since the intake is flexible and you can't tighten the filter down. I run K&N pods now.

I have been using one on my bike since 1992, I got mine when you could get them from Toomey with a K&N on them. Both of the Banshees my wife has had have had them from day one. I am not positive, I don't have my parts list here, but I think the K&N filter number for it is RU0880. I like them because it is only one filter to clean instead of 2 per Banshee. When you have more than 1, you can spend alot of time cleaning filters.

If you have a foam filter, it takes honestly 2 seconds, fill up a bucket full of varson/gas or any flammable shit, put it in, squeeze it a few times, voila, clean..

Also, if you ride in dusty conditions, K&N's are garbage, they are for non dusty enviroments, they work great, but dont stop much from going in your engine..

If you have a foam filter, it takes honestly 2 seconds, fill up a bucket full of varson/gas or any flammable shit, put it in, squeeze it a few times, voila, clean..

Also, if you ride in dusty conditions, K&N's are garbage, they are for non dusty enviroments, they work great, but dont stop much from going in your engine..

A properly oiled and installed K&N filter with an Outerwear doesn't pass any more dirt than a foam filter and it passes far less sand granules. I have watched a piece of sand travel right through the pores of a UNI foam filter. The inside of my K&Ns and the inlet of my carbs do not have any dust on them.The inside of my air intake hoses on my F250 are spotless also, and it has had a K&N on it for the last 6 years. You are right that a foam filter can be cleaned rather quickly, but to properly clean a K&N takes a little bit more and then you have to wait for the cotton gauze to dry before you can oil it properly.

A properly oiled and installed K&N filter with an Outerwear doesn't pass any more dirt than a foam filter and it passes far less sand granules. I have watched a piece of sand travel right through the pores of a UNI foam filter. The inside of my K&Ns and the inlet of my carbs do not have any dust on them.The inside of my air intake hoses on my F250 are spotless also, and it has had a K&N on it for the last 6 years. You are right that a foam filter can be cleaned rather quickly, but to properly clean a K&N takes a little bit more and then you have to wait for the cotton gauze to dry before you can oil it properly.

For a street filter or anywhere that isn't too dusty I would go with a K&N, I just havent heard too many good things about them in really dusty conditions, I use UNI foam clamp ons, always oiled to the tits..

For a street filter or anywhere that isn't too dusty I would go with a K&N, I just havent heard too many good things about them in really dusty conditions, I use UNI foam clamp ons, always oiled to the tits..

I don't have anything that runs in a clean enviroment, the quads are sand exclusively and the F250 is my commuter truck, my RV puller that goes in the sand, my farm pickup that goes out in the muddy fields in the fall, winter, and spring and the dusty fields at harvest. As I said, ther is no dirt or dust in the carbs, throttle bodies or intake tubes of any vehicle I own. Most people do not know how to properly oil a K&N filter after it has been cleaned and that is what leads to the problem.

I don't have anything that runs in a clean enviroment, the quads are sand exclusively and the F250 is my commuter truck, my RV puller that goes in the sand, my farm pickup that goes out in the muddy fields in the fall, winter, and spring and the dusty fields at harvest. As I said, ther is no dirt or dust in the carbs, throttle bodies or intake tubes of any vehicle I own. Most people do not know how to properly oil a K&N filter after it has been cleaned and that is what leads to the problem.

Oh yeah, my personal Banshee has lost a total of 10psi(185 down to 175) compression in the 7 years that I have been riding on the current topend. If dirt was getting through the K&N then I would not be getting that kind of compression still.

• 2 weeks later...

i never had any problems with my toomy set up hitting the pipes or causing cracks or air leaks due to no support but i did have a problem with all the dirt that was sucked into my carbs all the time, i put it on the shee i sold and took the airbox and pro design filter off it for the shee i kept i dont like the toomy, just my.02 tho