Pancake bearing adjustment

Okay, So I have heard that many people cut a small hole about and inch to two inch's in diameter in the center of the clutch cover so you can adjust the pancake bearing on the fly.

If there is no sort of rubber seal that is on the plate that will cover the hole what can I use. Any ideas?

I have a little hole in the clutch cover i added to adjust the stocker, mine has a rubber ring and a rubber plate and has never leaked. I plan on enlarging the hole next time i have the cover off so i can adjust the pancake with ease. That being said, i am using the stock plastic cover and not a billet piece!

Cody

I have a little hole in the clutch cover i added to adjust the stocker, mine has a rubber ring and a rubber plate and has never leaked. I plan on enlarging the hole next time i have the cover off so i can adjust the pancake with ease. That being said, i am using the stock plastic cover and not a billet piece!

Cody

Can you take a pic?

I would like to see a pic of someone who has done this! I have a Cascade billet insert on my clutch case with an o-ring on the outside so it SHOULD seal well with a hole drilled.. But I want to see others who have done this first. It is absolutely rediculous to have to drain the oil and pull the clutch case off whenever i need to adjust it even the slightest bit.. 

I would like to see a pic of someone who has done this! I have a Cascade billet insert on my clutch case with an o-ring on the outside so it SHOULD seal well with a hole drilled.. But I want to see others who have done this first. It is absolutely rediculous to have to drain the oil and pull the clutch case off whenever i need to adjust it even the slightest bit.. 

Cascade used to offer this mod. I have a buddy that bought a brand new 1999 from Cascade/ Florence Yamaha. When he got it, it had a hole in the clutch cover and they used one of their billet inserts to seal it up.

Cascade used to offer this mod. I have a buddy that bought a brand new 1999 from Cascade/ Florence Yamaha. When he got it, it had a hole in the clutch cover and they used one of their billet inserts to seal it up.

I have a cascade clutch cover with one of their billet inserts.. would I literally just drill a hole in the case big enough to adjust the pancake bearing and make sure the o-ring seals well on the billet insert?  

I just ordered a quick change cover from direct drive. They have some nice stuff.

True but if your on a budget then that goes out the window. I wont be around my bike tell this weekend and ill snap some pics of it when i pull it off to enlarge it.

Been running with it like that since 2004 and neer once ever had the slightest amount of moisture or leak around the insert. Tranny is always full. Ran 10w40 with that mod, type f and never seen any signs of leakage. I agree that you shouldnt have to be adjusting your clutch all that often to need this mod (leave yourself room at the perch), but it does make it nice if ya need to get in there quick.

Cody

True but if your on a budget then that goes out the window. I wont be around my bike tell this weekend and ill snap some pics of it when i pull it off to enlarge it.

Been running with it like that since 2004 and neer once ever had the slightest amount of moisture or leak around the insert. Tranny is always full. Ran 10w40 with that mod, type f and never seen any signs of leakage. I agree that you shouldnt have to be adjusting your clutch all that often to need this mod (leave yourself room at the perch), but it does make it nice if ya need to get in there quick.

Cody

Cody, I will wait to do this until I see your pic. Thanks

Thats fine, ill try and rember to snap a pic this weekend when im home, but dont feel like you have to wait! Its simple and nothing will go wrong, just make sure you have the rubber seals. The one seal actually has a hole in it from factory that you can use to center punch you a guide as it is right where the adjuster is, just lay it on, punch threw that hole and drill however big you need it! Simple.

Cody :headbang:

Thats fine, ill try and rember to snap a pic this weekend when im home, but dont feel like you have to wait! Its simple and nothing will go wrong, just make sure you have the rubber seals. The one seal actually has a hole in it from factory that you can use to center punch you a guide as it is right where the adjuster is, just lay it on, punch threw that hole and drill however big you need it! Simple.

Cody :headbang

And if I dont have any sort of seal on there. I have an ALBA Racing cover on it so what should I use to seal it and how do I go about doing it?

sorry cant really help ya there, i got the stock insert with the big rubber seal and the square cut oring. Umm i dont know, just leave yourself room at the perch and there should be no need to put a hole there, its just convinent if ya can.

Cody

sorry cant really help ya there, i got the stock insert with the big rubber seal and the square cut oring. Umm i dont know, just leave yourself room at the perch and there should be no need to put a hole there, its just convinent if ya can.

Cody

I left plenty of room and the damn thing creeps forward with the clutch in no matter what I do. Change fluid maybe???? Running Belray 80wt