Elka Dual Rear Linkage

thats the way i was lookin at it but i just dont wanna think back and wished i got it lol...basically the only thing its good for is increasing travel right? i like to jump and ride the mx tracks but im not tryin to be competition level...im sure stepping up to the elka setup alone is gonna blow my mind

yea, i wouldnt worry about it. ive been running elkas for years now and they are a 500% better set up than stock. there is no comparison between the two. spend the $600 on go fast parts to go along with your new suspension. maybe a new roundhouse swingarm from Stellar?

i have one, you cant just get the link, you also need the shock. elka wouldnt market a part if it didnt do what they want it to do. i like mine, and wouldnt go back to stock. but they are very expensive as loco and you already no. very high quality stuff, the dog bone even has its own skid plate.

DSC02018.jpg

i was actually just looking at the pics of your new swingarm loco...that thing is sick with the stellar logo on the back!! i have been debating on going with the roundhouse style swingarm since i am planning to stretch it out a lil bit. what are the advantages of the roundhouse vs. stock style? and what all else do you need to buy...just the carrier housing?

i was actually just looking at the pics of your new swingarm loco...that thing is sick with the stellar logo on the back!! i have been debating on going with the roundhouse style swingarm since i am planning to stretch it out a lil bit. what are the advantages of the roundhouse vs. stock style? and what all else do you need to buy...just the carrier housing?

Yes the housing from what i have read. Its much better. Alot easier to adjust the chain. No more hassle from crooked rear axle.... I want one. Just dont have the cash right now lol. I have heard the bearings last alot longer too. I guess from being true all the time? :confused:

ok, after looking at the picture of Elka's dogbone, i have to ask.. what the fuck is the point of it? it looks identical to the stock dogbone, except it looks all fancy. theres no way that thing performs $600 better than stock. i just dont buy it.

what are they claiming it does better than the stock dogbone?

im glad you ask loco, now it wont seem like im bragging. the stock banshee uses a casted aluminum dog bone vs elkas full billet assembly. the dog bone has a dome cut into it to clear a larger diameter spring. the linkage itself is much larger/longer. i have a picture somewhere ill find it. the stock banshee only has 220mm of travel or 8.66141732 inch. Elka claims 11.25, +2.59 inch increase.

a few other reasons is it looks hot & comes w/ its own removable skidplate. to throw a few numbers on the topic a yfz has 10.1 inch of travel, a trx250r has 9.1 inch. i could ramble on and on but overall your making your banshee have more travel than what it was originally design for. no one else offers it so elka just runs the show, maybe the sponsors should step up to the plate and contest elka.

im glad you ask loco, now it wont seem like im bragging. the stock banshee uses a casted aluminum dog bone vs elkas full billet assembly. the dog bone has a dome cut into it to clear a larger diameter spring. the linkage itself is much larger/longer. i have a picture somewhere ill find it. the stock banshee only has 220mm of travel or 8.66141732 inch. Elka claims 11.25, +2.59 inch increase.

cast vs. billet? so what? have you ever seen a stock dogbone break? i havent. as far as the spring diameter goes, how big are you talking? and why would you run a larger diameter spring? arent the spring rates determined by the thickness of the coils? i know when i picked up my used rear elka it had a very thick coil on it set up for a +14 arm and 225 pound rider. i called elka and got a dual rate setup for my length and rider weight and the spring is the same diameter, just with a different thickness coil.

the linkage is longer? id like to see the difference.

so your rear shock is longer then to get the extra travel?

a few other reasons is it looks hot & comes w/ its own removable skidplate. to throw a few numbers on the topic a yfz has 10.1 inch of travel, a trx250r has 9.1 inch. i could ramble on and on but overall your making your banshee have more travel than what it was originally design for. no one else offers it so elka just runs the show, maybe the sponsors should step up to the plate and contest elka.

i couldnt care less about the removeable skid plate. like i stated earlier, ive never seen one break so i have the utmost confidence in the structural integrity of the stock linkage.

so for $600, you get 2" more travel? i seriously doubt that most banshee riders would even be able to notice that. unless youre bombing your banshee off some big ass jumps and have a stock shock, i doubt anyone is totally bottoming out the rear suspension.

elka may run the show, but you could easily have something built for way less money than that..

i have one, you cant just get the link, you also need the shock. elka wouldnt market a part if it didnt do what they want it to do. i like mine, and wouldnt go back to stock. but they are very expensive as loco and you already no. very high quality stuff, the dog bone even has its own skid plate.

DSC02018.jpg

I couldn't have said it better myself.headbang.gif