what side domes on a 421 cub on methanol

superfastyfz450driver

ok here is the results from the compression test 162 on the mag side and 160 on the pto side, squish is .075'',

Squish is to loose. I would like to see it at around .045 to .055. With 17cc domes you should have way more compression than that. The thing prolly runs like poo right now huh....... If I had to guess I would say you have to thick of a base gasket on right now. I dont remember anymore but I think the 421's are supposed to have a real thin base gasket like .012 or something like that.

i havent had the bike running yet, by the weekend i should be able to drive it around i hope, but right now my main concerns are to have a bike that will also hold together for up to 15 laps also

So if you never had it running the rings have not had time to seat. I would guess once you break it in you should have more compression. Guess thats how it works,but Like Roger said the squish is to lose. I like it around 52-55

I have a friend with a 397 Cub that kicks 105 psi. His compression ratio is probably ridiculous, though. It's the fastest 0-400 cc Banshee that I have ever saw run in 300 ft. A tenth faster than the current "record."

Anyway, as mentioned - check the thickness of that base gasket; should probably be 0.012". Get that squish down a little. You may need it a little looser than us drag racers; but not that loose. You can probably get by with lower compression and timing also. You'll create too much heat with high compression and timing racing that oval, imo.