Clutch

So wile my cylinders are getting bored I decided to take a look at my clutch. When I tore into the clutch, I noticed that it did not have a "cushion ring." Is it absolutely necessary to have one? Also, my clutch plates (the metal ones) dont have a "tab" on any of them. Is this because they are aftermarket? And because they are different, is there any order that I need to put them in?

well, the steels do have tabs, lol, or they wouldn't work. the fibres lock into the basket with the outter tabs, and the steels lock into the inner hub, or visa-versa- i can't remember right now. most people just toss the coushin rings out anyways, so no, they are not needed.

Ya i know about those tabs lol. Im just following my clymer repair manual. It has a picture of the actual clutch metal plate and it has teeth that grab the clutch hub. This picture has a tab on the outside of the steels. (and no its not the fiber disks). What my book says is to put the first metal plate in with the tab pointing up. Then it says to put on the next fiber plate. After that, it says to put on the next steel plate but instead of putting it with the tab stait up, it says to rotate it at a 60* angle or some sorta bs like that. Since my steels dont have a tab on the outside I was wondering if or how I would do this.

Ya i know about those tabs lol. Im just following my clymer repair manual. It has a picture of the actual clutch metal plate and it has teeth that grab the clutch hub. This picture has a tab on the outside of the steels. (and no its not the fiber disks). What my book says is to put the first metal plate in with the tab pointing up. Then it says to put on the next fiber plate. After that, it says to put on the next steel plate but instead of putting it with the tab stait up, it says to rotate it at a 60* angle or some sorta bs like that. Since my steels dont have a tab on the outside I was wondering if or how I would do this.

only the stockers are made like that.

there is no need to stagger the aftermarket steels like the oem ones.