97 Team Alba

I have the chance to buy a 1997 Team alba edition Banshee , With some mods . He told me that he orderd this right from the fac. since that is the only way you could have got one like this . Talked to a other buddy and he confermed this . WTF why cant i find anything on this rig. Looked on the internet for 2-3 hrs and nothing comes up so if anyone knows anything bout this please help me out and let me know what you know . BTW i bought this thing for $500, running, driving and plastics look great so its a steal any way. JUST wanted to know if i found a dimond or is it just another banshee . If you give me a min i will post some pics up so yall can see what i see if it helps.

sounds like someone threw some alba graphics on it and called it an alba edition, but if you really only paid 500 bucks i wouldnt give a shit if it ran or not thats a steal , btw use photobucket to upload pics or youll have trouble

From what I can remember, Alba took stock Banshees, modified them, sent them back to the dealerships and sold them for a little more than a stocker. You could get a bunch of different options with pipes, jets, nerfs, graphics, and seat covers. I am a sucker for old rare or special edition stuff so I think that is pretty sweet if yours is the real deal. I am really into muscle cars and have a 69 SS Nova and my old man has a 69 Chevelle. The Alba Banshees are prolly the same deal with the only way of truly verifying if it is a real Alba Shee is to have the original paperwork. If you have a title it may say on there. I know a lot of Banshee guys could give a shit less about the stock stuff, but like I said I think its pretty cool. Post up some pics.

im 99.9% sure there was never an alba edition banshee , they just made the graphics for them , kinda like putting monster sticker on a banshee and sayin its a monster edition , who cares tho people would give their left nut for a deal like that lol :huh: , not litteraly but you know what i mean

From what I can remember, Alba took stock Banshees, modified them, sent them back to the dealerships and sold them for a little more than a stocker. You could get a bunch of different options with pipes, jets, nerfs, graphics, and seat covers. I am a sucker for old rare or special edition stuff so I think that is pretty sweet if yours is the real deal. I am really into muscle cars and have a 69 SS Nova and my old man has a 69 Chevelle. The Alba Banshees are prolly the same deal with the only way of truly verifying if it is a real Alba Shee is to have the original paperwork. If you have a title it may say on there. I know a lot of Banshee guys could give a shit less about the stock stuff, but like I said I think its pretty cool. Post up some pics.

i stand corrected if this is true :confused:

i stand corrected if this is true :confused:

I had to do a little rooting around. haha

Here is an article from 2001 that gives the lowdown on them.

http://www.atvaction.net/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=0EA07745106C4076847B5C35C1AAEF2B&nm=Tips+and+Tricks&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=12BC3EFFDB4746C2BCB216CCD927909D

They do exist!! lol :headbang:

It is nothing more than a sticker kit on a regular Banshee. Alba would add their custom graphics and seat cover, your choice of pipes and sand tires and then ship it from their dealership to anywhere in the USA for less than a grand over a stock bike. The "factory" that it came out of was the Alba dealership in Poway, CA, that was the closest dealer to Glamis. The only true "special" edition Banshees are the Special, Limited, or 50th Anniversary Editions that Yamaha made from about 2002 on. There may have been other ones that were named after riders or builders, but they are all regular Banshees wth aftermarket mods, suspension, graphics, and tires and wheels.

It is nothing more than a sticker kit on a regular Banshee. Alba would add their custom graphics and seat cover, your choice of pipes and sand tires and then ship it from their dealership to anywhere in the USA for less than a grand over a stock bike. The "factory" that it came out of was the Alba dealership in Poway, CA, that was the closest dealer to Glamis. The only true "special" edition Banshees are the Special, Limited, or 50th Anniversary Editions that Yamaha made from about 2002 on. There may have been other ones that were named after riders or builders, but they are all regular Banshees wth aftermarket mods, suspension, graphics, and tires and wheels.

But $500 is a smoking deal for any running Banshee.

Yep and it would be an expensive turd if alba did any porting. An Alba ported banshee vs. a Trinity Ported banshee would be a good race to watch. :rotflmao:

:rotflmao::jesterlaugh: That's funny! I'd rather take the unported machine than own a Trinity or Alba ported turd. Most builders don't want to fix another guys mess. LOl. :lol: