melted piston?

just tore apart my top end cause she locked up on me. This is not a problem since im already in the process of having my new engine ported and stroked 4mm by Herr jugs racing.(cant wait). this also is giving me time to widen her 4" and replace every bearing in my she. Big pain in the ass but well worth it. When I took apart the top end I noticed that the left side cylider front top of the piston was melted, almost through. Its an 04 and on the original pistons and rings so i def got my moneys worth. Just want to make sure that when I get my new engine that It doesnt do the same thing, Anything that may have caused this other than just normal failure?

just tore apart my top end cause she locked up on me. This is not a problem since im already in the process of having my new engine ported and stroked 4mm by Herr jugs racing.(cant wait). this also is giving me time to widen her 4" and replace every bearing in my she. Big pain in the ass but well worth it. When I took apart the top end I noticed that the left side cylider front top of the piston was melted, almost through. Its an 04 and on the original pistons and rings so i def got my moneys worth. Just want to make sure that when I get my new engine that It doesnt do the same thing, Anything that may have caused this other than just normal failure?

Youll probably hear it a thousand times, but are their any tears in the intake boots, causing it to lean out? Boost bottles are famous for that!

I tought I had a top end issuue til we tore it apart and found a bunch of metal fragments stuck in the cases in my bottom end from my crank bearings.

Good luck with it!