Restoring plastic

bbcmudtruck

Hell for $9 whats there to lose.

But if there deep scratches your still going to have to do couple steps and sand them some.

That stuff works. you may have to sand some first.

I took the suggestion from PaulieB over on E2S. He does some great work.

I did mine. I had no scratches, just fading so no sanding for me. I did not think it would work. I took some 0000 steel wool, smothed it all out. I then used Orange Glo floor finish. Put it on in several even coats, and it worked. Shined up good. I need to redo it b/c it has some runs in it. I thought it was not working, so I picked it up a few times to look at it and it ran some.

Hre is the link.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-restore-plastic-3274/

I've been buffing the headlights of cars for years with great success. I also have a 3" orbital air powered high speed buffer which works plastic like a dream. Take your time and dont burn or melt anything

What polish are you using and what pads on the buffer? I'm using a die grinder with a cotton polishing pad. It leaves the plastic cloudy in some spots and looks great in other areas. What am I doing wrong?

lambs wool pad. i am gonna try to use the same process as polisshing a new car. wetsand,red compound then white then some wax or glaze i will take pics