fuel pump or not to fuel pump

natas

so do you just run fuel pumps on alky? or can you run them on gas? I have a 7 mil stroker 443 with 40mm lectons.

Thanks in advance

you can run a pump on anything... but its not always needed. Fuel supply shouldn't be a issue on that build with gas. But make sure you have needle/seat for gravity feed.

you can run a pump on anything... but its not always needed. Fuel supply shouldn't be a issue on that build with gas. But make sure you have needle/seat for gravity feed.

Thats the thing just rebuilt carbs swaped over to gravity feed and gas needle . idles fine runs at low speed fine but once i get on it it starts to choke. it might be a little to rich.also i have 19cc big bore dome should i swap them for a different size ?

Thanks for any help

i dont know guys but i think all Kiehins come with the same needle/seat.

If you look at the PWK parts list there is only one part number for needle/seat.

I also know someone that runs a set of PWKs off of a snowmobile that used a pump. The type of carb that comes with the fuel inlets turned down instead of up

http://www.sudco.com/Diagrams123/exppwk.gif

i dont know guys but i think all Kiehins come with the same needle/seat.

If you look at the PWK parts list there is only one part number for needle/seat.

I also know someone that runs a set of PWKs off of a snowmobile that used a pump. The type of carb that comes with the fuel inlets turned down instead of up

http://www.sudco.com...s123/exppwk.gif

The OP said he was using lectrons..

The PWK carbs designed for snowmobiles use smaller orifices which restrict fuel flow in gravity feed applications.. If you put a pump on a gravity carb.. you'll play hell trying to get them not to overflow..

• 1 year later...

The OP said he was using lectrons..

The PWK carbs designed for snowmobiles use smaller orifices which restrict fuel flow in gravity feed applications.. If you put a pump on a gravity carb.. you'll play hell trying to get them not to overflow..

i realize this thread is old but heres my question

i have 2 carbs that are off a sled and when they are hooked up to gravity feed they keep over flowing.if i hook up the fuel pump will that make it worse?