Lectrons

Ieat4strokes

All I've heard are good things about these carbs, everyone here at our dragstrip runs em, I want to trade my pwks for some Lectrons but I'm green to them. Can they be converted to alky easily? Or is it basically the same process as reg carbs? Thanks guys!

All I've heard are good things about these carbs, everyone here at our dragstrip runs em, I want to trade my pwks for some Lectrons but I'm green to them. Can they be converted to alky easily? Or is it basically the same process as reg carbs? Thanks guys!

Noticed I wasn't clear, these are gas lectrons with powerjets

Not only is Jeff the man with alky set ups but he allready had those cylinders set-up on 39mm pwks with very impressive times in tune,He allready knows what size everything needs to be.Its been my experiance

(dont beleive the hipe)go with what works and pwks work

Not only is Jeff the man with alky set ups but he allready had those cylinders set-up on 39mm pwks with very impressive times in tune,He allready knows what size everything needs to be.Its been my experiance

(dont beleive the hipe)go with what works and pwks work

Ohh no doubt thts the route I'd love to take, lost my job of ten years a couple months ago, ain't got no money to get carbs set up on alky gotta resort to trades or swaps man. Gotta do what u gotta.

No one is going to swap you Lectrons for PWKs.

If they do...let me know.

PWKs are about half the price.

I love my Lectrons...but there is nothing wrong with PWKs. Dan Hull, one of the premier and fastest builders on the planet will tell you PWKs are the best carb, proven...time and time again, period.

Just pay to get yours converted.

You just need to get a richer needle, a power jet added and drill the main and dump tube.

To get a good Lectron set of carbs you'd pay more than just the price to convert yours.

A setup pair of Lectrons on alky the right way is 500 or more used. New they're close to 800 or 900.

You can get a brand new set of PWKs, polished and setup for alky for less than a used set of Lectrons.

You'll need money and/or parts to swap for some PWKs to Lectrons....

The good thing about Lectrons vs. PWKs is you can convert them from Gas to Alky and back very easily, and from gravity fed to fuel pump just as easy. Once you setup a set of PWKs for alky that's it. The dump tubes are not removable...

No one will swap? don't be sure about that Dave, I got a offer right now! That's why I posted the thread to see if it was worth it. I have heard nothing but good about lectrons like I said everyone here runs them. Basically if I stay on gas to stick with pwks, and a local lectron guru said

nothing compares to a set of lectrons if I was gonna run alky. He said there easy to tune. It's just that these are set up for gas. And if I was to convert them it would be cheaper than to convert some pwks right? Just need a float and needle on the lectrons?

Lectrons would need needles. I've seen them as cheap as 60 a pair...but I think they're about double in price.

Power jets are 25 to 30 bucks, JB weld is a few bucks.

Drill, clean, jbweld and you're done.

You don't change the floats in Lectrons unless you switch from gravity to fuel pump seats.

I wholeheartedly agree with Lectrons being easier to tune.

I've had and ran both.

You have to have the right needle to start off with. And the problem is there are two Lectron distributors in the world.

Fast by Gast in NY and Packard.

They can pretty much charge what they want for them...

This coming from a guy who's ran lectrons probally longer than I've been alive, he's a single cylinder guy but good at tuning nonetheless, he said I should expect to see 5-8hp per cylinder by going to alky lectrons. I dunno like I said I've only seen them. No nothing about them.

5-8 HP on alky vs. gas.

If you could make 5-8 HP alky PWK vs. alky Lectron...there would be more big name builders using them too...

They are easier to tune IMO.

My bike never ran any better times with either carb...but it is easier to tune with the Lectrons...and, it ran more consistent numbers.

They are also less finicky in my experience.