Helmet Cams

My buddy has the contour, and I have the gopro wide high def version.

In my opinion, the gopro takes much better video footage... Let me compile a video of the same hill comparing the two cameras so you can see for yourself.

As far as how much space is taken by a recording, I use the r2 setting (720p, 30fps) and I get approx 17 minutes per gigabyte (but it all depends on what you're recording also - lots of action eats up more space).

The one thing I don't like about the Hero HD is that in 1080p mode, the field of view is cut from 170 down to 127. That's why I film in 720p mode instead.

OK, here is the direct comparison:

(be sure to watch in 720p mode otherwise comparison will be skewed)

I feel embarrassed posting this "hill climb" in the same thread as locogato11283, the #2 ATV National Hillclimber's video - but remember this is simply to show you video comparison of the two helmetcams!! :)

Edited by Xhumeka

OK, here is the direct comparison:

(be sure to watch in 720p mode otherwise comparison will be skewed)

I feel embarrassed posting this "hill climb" in the same thread as locogato11283, the #2 ATV National Hillclimber's video - but remember this is simply to show you video comparison of the two helmetcams!! smile.gif

I noticed that the countour helmet view was focused in close. Could that be because it was mounted on the side of the helmet and was catching the visor in the left of the view. try mounting on top of helmet like the gopro. I have not used or even seen one of these cameras but am interested in purchasing one in the next year.

That GoPro video is choppy as hell! It looks like your doing a slideshow on high speed. Stop motion video action. I get seasick just watching your short footage on youtube. :unsure: As far as Loco's video....it looks much better, but when your only seeing soil in front of you, it's a little hard to tell if the action is breaking up. But, it does look pretty good from what he showed. I've yet to see a video from that GoPro that looks any good yet. :unsure: