Riding in Rocky Point, Mexico

Dgrey

I took my first banshee there. It's like a 5 hour drive from AZ. I was cool but nothing compared to Glamis. The dunes there are okay but nothing as big as Glamis. To begin with you can't ride by the beach or at least i was told by the people from the resort we stayed at. You can ride through the main street of RP which can be fun because all the food and clubs are there. It was fun but it was a few years ago and pics i don't have. I am planning on going on the last weeks of May and do plan on taking my shee and a couple of 4 strokes, i heard a lot has changed. Im going to fumble up some of the old pics and see if i come across the few i did take.

I havent been on rocky point, but i know over there is a dune called La Choya, that is like 15 min from rocky point, but to be riding quads i like more Golfo de Santa Clara (Machorro), on the easter weekend (holy week) out there is a lot of people and fast bikes...

• 2 weeks later...

Rocky Point is a joke for riding. You can no way in any form compare to glamis or Gordon's. Rocky Point 10 years ago was great you were able to drive on the streets and all along the beaches but now they have hotels everywhere and private resort beaches. Rocky Point has became a tourist vacation spot for families and spring breakers. Just like gst_r said Golfo de Santa Clara is a good riding spot, ill be going there for memorial. Check out some video on You Tube, type in El Machorro or Golfo de Santa Clara.