how do I remove a dicked flywheel

went to remove my flywheel, it looks kinda corroded but I want to install my timing plate....

installed the puller (yes, correct one, not 3 jaw) and as soon as I turned it, threads came off my puller and flywheel..WTF?

now, even if I get a new puller, the wheel is dicked up so I cant take it off correctly.

I am going to get a new flywheel, but how do I get the old one off? 3 jaw since its fubar anyways? and is RMStator a good brand? these are the best prices I Found on a new flywheel.

Just saying, but you did put the puller on right...right?

There left hand threads. Just asking cause iv seen crazier stuff happen.

Take a pic of the threads. Did you use a quality puller or a al-cheapo from ebay?

Just saying, but you did put the puller on right...right?

There left hand threads. Just asking cause iv seen crazier stuff happen.

Take a pic of the threads. Did you use a quality puller or a al-cheapo from ebay?

yes, put on right, not my first rodeo....

I had to clean the threads and such because they were quit rusty... it was a good puller from FAST...I will get another from him, as well as a flywheel. since I replacing it, I am going new, unless there is a GOOD quality one someone has they want to part with.?

well since your going to get a new flywheel and puller just install the messed up puller in the flywheel, then weld it. When you get it to pop off throw it all away.

Or you could get a cut off wheel and start cutting. When you get the flywheel cut off take the cut off wheel and cut a slit along the inner hub of the flywheel. The puller should be able to pull it off then.

I would say away from RS or RM stator. There stuff is crap. Here is a Ricky Stator Flywheel I ran.

100_2219.jpg

100_2226.jpg

100_2224.jpg

well since your going to get a new flywheel and puller just install the messed up puller in the flywheel, then weld it. When you get it to pop off throw it all away.

Or you could get a cut off wheel and start cutting. When you get the flywheel cut off take the cut off wheel and cut a slit along the inner hub of the flywheel. The puller should be able to pull it off then.

I would say away from RS or RM stator. There stuff is crap. Here is a Ricky Stator Flywheel I ran.

every one says stay away from ricky stator, are thier flywheels any good?

These days anything from Ricky Stator is crap. It is made overseas and the quality is just not as good as it once was. Just look at the broken rivets in the flywheel pictured.

nuff said, I guess I am getting a new stocker...fuck ricky stator..seems to be the general concensis

yah, stay away from rs, they also have been made out of round and not 180 degrees on the nodes also. your best bet is to get a big nut welded on there and pull. a 3-jaw will just make it flex and put more clamping pressure on the shaft. once the heat has transfered from the welds, to where it sits on the shaft, put the bolt in and sinch it down. if it doesn't pop, hit the head of thebolt and it should come. btw, good used stockers are in kinda high demand right now, from what i've seen.

Theres usually flywheels on ebay, if you can sort thru them and get a good one..... and I was asking Jeff at F.A.S.T. awhile back,

who has the best stator setups..... He said hes had the best luck with the oem yamaha stators.....and if your use to dealing with him,

He can probably get u a good price on your stator........