Banshee IDLE SURGE Help/Solution

I took my banshee out all day the other day. Towards the end of the day I started getting an idle surge. The banshee saw quite a bit of everything that day. On a car id assume its a vacuum leak.

Now when i start my banshee after cleaning the carbs through twice (i tried the next size up pilot for kicks), it still has the idle surge. The only thing i can think of is that i used 2 stoke marine oil that day on accident. The bottle said it was okay and that it just burns cleaner for the environment.

So is it:

some vacuum leak?

Electrical issue or timing?

Hmmm.... help me out a bit BHQ.

Do you have a tors kit? If not try unplug'n the black box under the gas tank. I know if my bike got wet when I still had the tors. It was crazzzzy. Damn those Yamaha guys for thinking of that gay thing.

Ditto,

And after all the bullshit they put the shee guys though over the years, they now have it on the yfz... :shootself:

Ditto,

And after all the bullshit they put the shee guys though over the years, they now have it on the yfz... :shootself:

Alllrighty, The connector tube between the two carbs is present. Just changed to a better one actually.

As i was fiddling, I started to check spark. And then i lost spark....

I consulted my banshee guide and they suggested unplugging the black box as well. That gave me a great spark first try and second try. Will now check to see if idle problem persists.

Also, changed plugs around a bit. I have like a set of 6 that rotate through that are still preety new

The banshee started and ran as well as it can. It is hard to think that TORS caused an Idle surge but i am guessing that perhaps it was some sort of dieseling effect. I plan to disable the TORS system this week.

On a side note, i installed an inline fuel filter and it caused low flow issues so i would not suggest them. ( i had clear line and could see the carbs run low.)

The banshee started and ran as well as it can. It is hard to think that TORS caused an Idle surge but i am guessing that perhaps it was some sort of dieseling effect. I plan to disable the TORS system this week.

On a side note, i installed an inline fuel filter and it caused low flow issues so i would not suggest them. ( i had clear line and could see the carbs run low.)

Could have told you that the inline fuel filter was a bad idea. You might want drain the tank and take the petcock off. There are two prefilters to the petcock inside the tank. I can bet that there is shit all over the reserve filter.

So are you saying your idle surge is gone now that you unplugged the black box under the tank?

Could have told you that the inline fuel filter was a bad idea. You might want drain the tank and take the petcock off. There are two prefilters to the petcock inside the tank. I can bet that there is shit all over the reserve filter.

So are you saying your idle surge is gone now that you unplugged the black box under the tank?

The banshee ran like crap towards the end of that big trip i took. And since then, after cleaning the carbs twice, it ran like a car with a bad vacuum leak. I really thought it was carb related, however on a hunch, i checked spark and found it was intermittent. I am about 90% sure that TORS caused the odd idle issue, but my only explanation is either weak spark or dieseling effect. Id say the other 10% would be coincidence.

On another note, I did not realize there is a filter on the petcock. I turned the tank sideways the other day and blew backwards through the petcock with a peice of clean fuel hose and it seemed clear but i will double check.

Thanks for the help guys.