lean on one cylinder

Hey guys, i have a 2006 banshee and have recently done a top end rebuild because i blew a head gasket. Now that is back together i seem to have a missfire problem under load at high rpm and cant really get into powerband fully. I have pulled the plugs out and found one side is a nice brown colour and a little wet and the other is a grey colour but dry as a bone, i have swapped leads and plugs from side to side but problem stays on same side. I have checked for any air leaks but ok, the bike idles sweet, starts fine and will free rev nicely on the spot. Only under load does it seem to play up. Any ideas would be much appreciated, Thanx.

What mods does your bike have? stock stock? or stock with exhaust? Cool head or milled stock head? Has it been tuned for the mods you had, and what caused your head gasket to go in the first place?? Did your reed cages look good when it was apart?? IF its bone stock,,and you just get it together, i would first,check and make sure the crossover tube, the carb boots, the reeds, all are sealed up properly.... Next, u should make sure carb synchronization, is dead on... Did you inspect your carbs when they were off? Also, depending on how you took it apart, the carb slides are directional on a banshee, you can get them in backwards... That will cause it to run like crap as soon as you take off.... If that all checks out, i would inspect the carbs... May have disturbed them, when you had it apart, and may have a piece of sediment or gunk up in one of them, causing your issues......

Hey mate, my shee has pipes, boost bottle, carbon fibre reeds in stock cages, uni filter in box and has been jetted to match modz. The head gasket blew from me being stupid and getting it hot, when i did the rebuild i had the head and cylinders faced to make sure theyre not warped. Ive put new gaskets through everything and the carb boots are sealed nicely and so is the cross over tube. the carb sync hasnt been touched but i will check it anyway and will also pull both the carbs down and clean. Thanx for the tips. If u think of anything else let me know. :cheers:

IF you clean the carbs and they check out ok, and are set up properly, and the reeds look good, You could possibly have smoked the cranks seal if you got it that hot.... Id double check everything on the topend, maybe your just overlooking something.... And also, everyone on here will tell you to ditch that boost bottle.... I had nothing but problems when i ran mine, and i think my bike ran better with the stock crossover tube.......Make sure that you didnt tear the rubbers around the inserts where the bottle goes in, and that its sealed up 100percent... Its easy to get an air leak in that area...

Thanx for the help guys, i pulled the carbies, exhaust and reeds off today. Just when i thought i couldnt find anything i found the washer that sits behind the the main jet on the carbies on the bench banghead what an idiot!!!! so the problem was that that the jet was sitting too high causing the needle to sit lower in the jet, There is my lack of fuel on 1 cylinder. Thanx again :cheers: