Transmission oil leak

Zeroskill

My Banshee is leaking gear oil by the front motor mount right below the cylinders. What can cause this? Thanks.

Are you sure it is gear oil? It could be 2 stoke oil from your pipes not sealing on the flanges on your cylinders, might need to replace the o rings in your pipes were they slide onto the cylinders.

Are you sure it is gear oil? It could be 2 stoke oil from your pipes not sealing on the flanges on your cylinders, might need to replace the o rings in your pipes were they slide onto the cylinders.

Its definitely gear oil and its a pretty big leak. It created a 12 inch puddle in about 2 minutes.

is it coming from your vent lines for the cases? or where exactly is it leaking?

Its entirely possible its coming from my vent hose and just running between my cylinders and onto the ground. I have a tendency to look for zebras instead of horses when I hear hoof beats.

I guess the new question is what would cause the vent hose to puke oil? It happened on the last morning of a 3 day dune trip. It was fine the previous 2 days and the fluid level was ok.

Edited by Zeroskill

Its entirely possible its coming from my vent hose and just running between my cylinders and onto the ground. I have a tendency to look for zebras instead of horses when I hear hoof beats.

I guess the new question is what would cause the vent hose to puke oil? It happened on the last morning of a 3 day dune trip. It was fine the previous 2 days and the fluid level was ok.

is the end of the line up higher? if not it will siphone the oil out basically. try that and let us know.

is the end of the line up higher? if not it will siphone the oil out basically. try that and let us know.

I checked it today and its coming from the vent line by the water pump. I will start running out of the vent after the engine runs for about 2-3 minutes. If i remove the oil fill plug it stops. The guy i bought it from (my first banshee, have only had it about a month) cut both the vent tubs off at about 3 inches long. I ran it up as high as i could and zip tied it to the clutch cable, so it is higher then the tranny now.

I checked it today and its coming from the vent line by the water pump. I will start running out of the vent after the engine runs for about 2-3 minutes. If i remove the oil fill plug it stops. The guy i bought it from (my first banshee, have only had it about a month) cut both the vent tubs off at about 3 inches long. I ran it up as high as i could and zip tied it to the clutch cable, so it is higher then the tranny now.

I've had this happen to me. Check the rear vent hose....if it clogs, it'll blow oil out the front hose.