4 mil problem

340scamp

I have a 2003 banshee that I just rebuilt and put alot of new stuff in it. I cannot get it to clean up on the top end starts first kick runs good. The motor is a good woods port with boost ports set up for a 4mil crank, the crank is a hot rod 4 mil cut 23 cc domes for the 4 mil pro design head cpi inframe pipes. Now here is where I am stumped I am in ohio 1000 ft above sea level app. The new 28 pwks have 52 pilots and 158 mains needle on the second notch from the top. Also I have vforce 3 reeds with the air box no lid and a k&n filter. Any help would be valued I would think 28 pwks would be ok. Thanks

The 28's are a great card, sounds like you have a jetting issue though... Have you tried moving the needle up to see if it changes? If you move the needle all the way up, and it gets better, then you need more jet, just my opinion.

Yes I moved the needles from the second from the bottom position to the second from the top and it had alot more response and did not gargle as much at top end. Thanks Mike

Yes I moved the needles from the second from the bottom position to the second from the top and it had alot more response and did not gargle as much at top end. Thanks Mike

So what your saying is you improperly adjusted the needle clip position (wich affects 1/4 to 3/4 throttle) to correct a rich main jet (main affects 3/4 to WOT).

When your jetting carbs you start at the top and work down.

Main jet, needle clip position, pilot jet, then air screw.

You will probaby end up in the 152 main range with a #48 pilot jet.

I am running 30mm oko's which are very similar to pwk 28mm. I am running 155 mains 52 pilots and a N68A needle in the middle clip position it runs real strong with this jetting but even with this jetting I feel I'm running a little rich. I would guess that you are running rich yourslef most people seem to run 155 to 152 mains, N68A or JJH needle in middle clip and pilot jets 52 or less.