Rebuilding From Accident

SlowerThanYou

We completed the build in Apr and have about 60 runs on the new combo. On its worst day the new bike is faster than the old one on its best day. I'm not much for photos or video. The photo is the only I have and it wasn't even taken by us.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/BLK1700/Rockingham2010pic2.jpg

We completed the build in Apr and have about 60 runs on the new combo. On its worst day the new bike is faster than the old one on its best day. I'm not much for photos or video. The photo is the only I have and it wasn't even taken by us.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/BLK1700/Rockingham2010pic2.jpg

Looking good.

Wow. I never put 2 and 2 together. I didnt realize that "slowerthanyou" was you Brian. Mark Kubitza and a couple of other guys speak very highly of you in the asphault world. Ron Strecker "Planet Asphault" had sent me photos of the swingarm that metaltech built for you to see what I could offer as well. Its almost hard to believe that +10 weighs only 9 pounds with all the gusseting they did for you, not to mention the wheelie bar mounts. I was asking Jason "Trademark" a while back when he showed me a video from the races that showed that same picture with your bike in the background if he lent out the wheelie bar I built for him. Looks damn near identical. Anyways, its always nice connecting the dots and having a little better knowledge of who you are interacting with on these forums. beer.gif

Wow. I never put 2 and 2 together. I didnt realize that "slowerthanyou" was you Brian. Mark Kubitza and a couple of other guys speak very highly of you in the asphault world. Ron Strecker "Planet Asphault" had sent me photos of the swingarm that metaltech built for you to see what I could offer as well. Its almost hard to believe that +10 weighs only 9 pounds with all the gusseting they did for you, not to mention the wheelie bar mounts. I was asking Jason "Trademark" a while back when he showed me a video from the races that showed that same picture with your bike in the background if he lent out the wheelie bar I built for him. Looks damn near identical. Anyways, its always nice connecting the dots and having a little better knowledge of who you are interacting with on these forums. beer.gif

Thanks again for the kind words. I normally go by 1700camaro on the forums and for some reason it go messed up here. Yes, I talk with Mark and try to stear him in the right direction as with many on the asphalt.

Now for the swingarm, it's a +14 and I couldn't believe it only weighed 9lbs. I can't remember the oz. but I'm sure it was pushing 10lbs. The only thing I didn't weight was the 1" diameter aluminum torque strut that goes on the left side. We used larger diameter tubing for the bottom rails and along with the extra gussets and supports. It solved our tracking problem during the 1st 330' of the track.

I must thank Metaltech to have an open mind to trying things a little different. We worked together to provide what we needed. The single front arm system is nice, but still needs a little work. I haven't figured out how to fix it, yet.

Looks good Brian...

Someone is bound to give you shit for the Trinity sticker...you know that...LOL.

I've very happy with my metal tech arm as well...they do make nice stuff..(no offense Tim, you know you're the man!!)

I was wondering why you didn't cut the up tubes like most do, but for pavement I agree...good idea.

Lots more flex on a hard surface!

Good to see you back at it again...one of these days I'll meet up with your partner in crime, Tedder...

Looks good Brian...

Someone is bound to give you shit for the Trinity sticker...you know that...LOL.

I've very happy with my metal tech arm as well...they do make nice stuff..(no offense Tim, you know you're the man!!)

I was wondering why you didn't cut the up tubes like most do, but for pavement I agree...good idea.

Lots more flex on a hard surface!

Good to see you back at it again...one of these days I'll meet up with your partner in crime, Tedder...

I don't get on my sponsor's bandwagons too much. You know who one is, but I would like to thank the other's; THANKS!. The performance of the qaud speaks for its self. LOL

There are tubes to cut/tubes to leave and them tubes need to stay IMO. I would leave them for sand also.

We try not to do what most do, for a reason. Our quad is heavier than the vast majority of quads. Plus, we are probably the heaviest jockey's in our sport. Our set-up has to be different because of our weight. Example, our +14 swingarm is supposed to be to long according to the experts!

Now for my partner in crime. The wealth of informaton that man has to offer; all I can say is THANKS! Yes, I'm jumping on the Tedder Bandwagon! LOL

BK

The only thing I didn't weight was the 1" diameter aluminum torque strut that goes on the left side. We used larger diameter tubing for the bottom rails and along with the extra gussets and supports. It solved our tracking problem during the 1st 330' of the track.

Happen to have any pictures of what you are talking about here?

Happen to have any pictures of what you are talking about here?

I guess you are talking about the torque strut. Sorry, the only picture I have doesn't show it well, but I'll post it.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/BLK1700/100_0633Medium.jpg

It's just a 1" diameter, around 36" long with right& left handed heim/rod ends. One end fastens to the rear of the swingarm and the other end fastens to the swingarm pivot bolt. We put a little bit of preload on the swingarm with it.

I guess you are talking about the torque strut. Sorry, the only picture I have doesn't show it well, but I'll post it.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/BLK1700/100_0633Medium.jpg

It's just a 1" diameter, around 36" long with right& left handed heim/rod ends. One end fastens to the rear of the swingarm and the other end fastens to the swingarm pivot bolt. We put a little bit of preload on the swingarm with it.

I can kind of see it where it bolts to the swingarm. I am going to assume that you lengthed the rod to try and keep that side from 'walking' forward and causing tracking problems. How do you like the single arm chassis? You still running the rubber mounts or did you go solid?

I can kind of see it where it bolts to the swingarm. I am going to assume that you lengthed the rod to try and keep that side from 'walking' forward and causing tracking problems. How do you like the single arm chassis? You still running the rubber mounts or did you go solid?

The torque rod with changes in swingarm design, solved our tracking problems.

I'm assuming you know we are running a stock chassis with single a-arms. We like the design and weight savings, but it's too twitchy at speed. Still trying to figure out how to fix it.

Are you talking about the motor mounts? We are still stock with a couple of mods and looking to try a few more changes.

The torque rod with changes in swingarm design, solved our tracking problems.

I'm assuming you know we are running a stock chassis with single a-arms. We like the design and weight savings, but it's too twitchy at speed. Still trying to figure out how to fix it.

Are you talking about the motor mounts? We are still stock with a couple of mods and looking to try a few more changes.

Yes I know that you are running the stock chassis with the single arms. what do you mean by twitchy? I am assuming that you are using the stock rubber mounts front and rear with the washers in them? Ever think of trying out some solid mounts? Does the engine feel like it is twisting in the chassis? Just thinking that if you use solid mounts it might help 'tie' the frame together a little better.

Yes I know that you are running the stock chassis with the single arms. what do you mean by twitchy? I am assuming that you are using the stock rubber mounts front and rear with the washers in them? Ever think of trying out some solid mounts? Does the engine feel like it is twisting in the chassis? Just thinking that if you use solid mounts it might help 'tie' the frame together a little better.

If you put any movement in the bars the bike will dart left or right. + caster usually takes care of it and we put the same amount we had before +15 degrees. I think we need to change the steeering ratio or I'll put on a dampner.

As far as the motor mounts. I don't feel like it's twisting in the chassis. We want to run a harder durometer rating in the bottom struts, but don't feel like solid is the way to go.