Help with A-Arm Adjustments

Woody 350

Can anyone give me some reference points as to adjusting +2,+1 Full Flight A-Arms. I've been trying to install a set I bought off Ebay without instructions and I think I finally have them correct. Now I want to adjust them so my steering isn't messed up. If anyone has these, can you tell me how many turns out you have the upper and lower heims. I'm not too familiar with suspensions, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can anyone give me some reference points as to adjusting +2,+1 Full Flight A-Arms. I've been trying to install a set I bought off Ebay without instructions and I think I finally have them correct. Now I want to adjust them so my steering isn't messed up. If anyone has these, can you tell me how many turns out you have the upper and lower heims. I'm not too familiar with suspensions, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Go to the lonestar racing website and download the installation.Those full flights have too many adjustment points.you just can't screw them in and expect it to be right.If you do it like that your caster will be all effed up and it will steer funny.It might look good with a tape measure,but you will probably notice that the steering response is off.At slow speed its no big deal,but on higher speeds,its dangerous.

That's why i prefer a-arms with fixed points on the lower control arms,that way your not that far off when you first set them up.

Fixed points on the arms wouldn't come close to working on my old frame. If he measured the toe in/out, and caster angle then it should be go to go. Also they are made to bolt to the frame with the heims screwed all the way in. I understand what your saying, but he said he measured them out.

Yeah as far as I know my frame is nice and straight. I read up on Lonestars web site info and they are def. more helpfull then the Fullflight directions. I've riden around a little at home and everything seems to be good. I don't have the actual degree of caster and camber but I have positive caster and negative camber like they said I should. and a slight toe-in. From what I understand positive caster adds stability at high speeds but you sacrafice a little steering quickness, this is cool with me cuz in the dunes I ride in tight turning isn't all that important. So yeah all hiems turned in (on a straight frame) should get you where you need to be or close to it.