question about what oil to use with methanol

Those Dave Moore PJs flow some fuel.

I would start with .120 mains and dumps, 55 pilot and EEL or EGL needle.

Crank the PJs to wide open, on the DMR PJs I think that's 7 or 8 turns (been a couple years since I had mine)

Also...set the timing at 7 degrees to begin with.

Lastly...make sure you have the fuel delivery system setup (dual fuel valve, gutted and drilled gas cap, etc.)

Those are some real, REAL general guidelines. By no means am I a pro Alky tuner or do I play one on TV...:)

Keep in mind Rotax, once you drill those dump tubes on the Keihin, you can not put them back on gas.

Keihin do not have replaceable dump tubes (also called emulsion tubes)

I didn't think they did, but wasn't sure. The reason everyone and their mother is a dealer or a preferred customer is nothing more than a marketing genius. You get them to pay a annual fee of 20 bucks, plus the cost of the part and they give you "Dealer" prices. That's why everyone is like yea I am a Amsoil Dealer. They did nothing more than pay the 10 bucks to get a 6 month preferred customer account.

In my opinion, that's not marketing genius. That's called sales desperation.

When everyone can easily get dealer pricing and dealer status, what's the point of having a retail pricing point?

In my eyes, if everyone is a dealer for a product they have less credibility.

Again, just my opinion...

It's geniouse because everyone that signs up thinks they are getting a great deal, when in reality they are just getting typical retail price for the stuff. You inflate the cost and offer a "dealer price" and people flock to it for some stupid reason.

I wouldn't ever call it sales desperation. At least in Amsoil's case, look at thier profit. They are making amazing amounts of $$$. Even during times where everone is trying to cut back.

Edited by Bansh-eman

If you consider people being sheep about buying their product...then yes, it is in fact genius.

Show me one petroleum, oil, fuel etc. company now that isn't raking in the dough...

From Exxon/Mobil to klotz....they are all making amazing profit...some of them record profits quarterly when the economy all over is in the dumps.

People still gotta buy fuel, oil, etc., to maintain their vehicles, be it truck, car, bike, boat, etc.

What amazes me about Amsoil is that they do not market towards mom and pop that need to get thier Lincon Town cars oil changed. They market towards the after market crowd. I am not positive but do they even offer a non synthetic oil? So for them to turn the profit margins they do is pretty dang good, when you compair them to a Exxon that is pumping out hundreds of thousands of gallons of gas, diesel, and motor oils.

They have also entered the market of fertilizers I guess too.

Edited by Bansh-eman

Anyone in petroleum products is doing good.

I'm glad to know they're in fertilizers....my offer stands. If they want to send me empty bottles to take a shit in, I will.

Just think of all the Bud Light plants and cheeseburgers that will start popping up in crops....maybe even a donut or two....

I think we have another money maker.

Even better.

I can offer them a fully green, natural approach towards fertilizer.

No synthetic chemicals, just good old fashioned shit.

I can probably alter my food and drink intake now and then to achieve different viscosity (they'll love that) as well as color.

And every year, just after St. Patty's Day I can offer them a limited edition liquid green fertilizer.

I knew there was a great reason to drink green beer.

The fertilizer with corn and peanuts will be offered at a premium, however...

Sorry to get so far off topic guys, just having some fun.