expert help with mx set up please..:)

JMan71

Hey Dudes...had my banshee for a year and want to up grade it ...its mostly stock...thinking about a 421 kit, swing arm , a arms ,stearing stem ,and all that kind of stuff...what should I get to turn it into a motorcross/ weekend fun ride /duneer...thanks Dudes Jman

IMO a 421 is over kill for MX. I would just port a good low to mid pipe and a good set of reeds. Then all suspension. You can go as fast as your suspension set up allows!

• 3 months later...

Well get the normal mods a good pipe and filter. Id say pro circuits because they are realy an all around good pipe then I'd go for a good filter. Ditch the airbox If you need the protection get a cfm aluminum one it takes dual 34mm clamp on filters and changes your intake length which is supposed to be good. Then if you still need more grunt good reeds and cages and a mx porting.

+2 a arms and GOOD shocks REVALVED for your weight. A +4 axle would be good and setup your back shock aswell. Then good tires of your choice, be safe use some nerfs we dont need anyone with missing legs. After that is just personal preferences an adjustable timing plate would work great.

Hey Dudes...had my banshee for a year and want to up grade it ...its mostly stock...thinking about a 421 kit, swing arm , a arms ,stearing stem ,and all that kind of stuff...what should I get to turn it into a motorcross/ weekend fun ride /duneer...thanks Dudes Jman

Hey there i just got back from my local track. i had a mostly stock banshee too. Im keeping up with them with them with ohlins full suspension(so sweet), k and n without lid, oko 30mm carbs, razrs in back, stock front, pro design tether switch, pro armor hand guards, um nerf bars and heel guards, scott grips, up one tooth front sprocket and back like the ones from 87 to 89, pro circuit pipes which are awesome!. thats all ive done and im keeping up just fine.

Edited by shadowbanshee

cool head with 20cc domes

adjustable timing plate

good aggressive mx port

stock carbs are underestimated, but 30 mm oko's perform really good and are reasonably priced.

k&n filters with pod filters no air box

+2 a arms I've used wicked a arms and they are great for the price. You can only get them on ebay a lot of people around here like them.

Or get YFZ 450 arms they are basically +2 for a banshee.

like mentioned get ya a -1 or -2 swing arm for traction and handling.

What ever shocks you can afford re-valved and set up for your weight.

pro circuit platinum pipes are great pipes

Maybe even get you a lightened flywheel. Let your motor rev a little faster.

Just some advice like stated before. Don't just go for power and speed right off the get go. Too much power without the matching suspension will just cause you to spin and never hook up.