Problems running Trailtech "Torch" lights

Velislide

I bought a set of torch lights recently, and wired them both up to my highbeams. I also had my Vapor connected to the highbeams so its backlight would turn on when I had my lights on. Well I had one light connected, tested it and worked great, same with the vapor. Connected the other light and wrapped up the wiring nice and good, tried it, and nothing worked, not even my vapors backlight.

So I was all wtf, tested one light on lowbeam, it worked... hooked up both lights to the lowbeam, now the lights both dont work again.

I bought a set of torch lights recently, and wired them both up to my highbeams. I also had my Vapor connected to the highbeams so its backlight would turn on when I had my lights on. Well I had one light connected, tested it and worked great, same with the vapor. Connected the other light and wrapped up the wiring nice and good, tried it, and nothing worked, not even my vapors backlight.

So I was all wtf, tested one light on lowbeam, it worked... hooked up both lights to the lowbeam, now the lights both dont work again.

Do I need a better stator to run these lights? Thats what just came to mind... could I have fryed something in the stator when turning both lights on? The quad still runs good. And is it possible for an aftermarket stator to power 4 of these Torches? Had an idea that would be cool, for mounting 2 more.

Whats the best aftermarket stator to buy, and most reliable? Any help would be great!

Sounds like you hooked it up wrong. Like in series or something. There isn't much to tell you without knowing what wires you hooked up where.

I hooked them up to the Yellow and Green? I think are the two colors, I didnt use the black. I did the same on both sides. Now if I try to get even one working, it wont light up...

I cut the plug off the original wiring harness, that the stock lights plugged into, and wired them directly into that, since the plug-n-play fittings that came with the lights didnt fit... they were male plugs, I needed female plugs on the lights lol.

Edited by Velislide