Blew it up

YoungGun'98

so, i used to post here a bit and i was really into my banshee. some stuff happened and i wasnt able to ride it for a year, i got it back and apparently got over-eager and i blew it up. i havent even torn it down yet, but im thinking that since its going to be apart i may just go all out (within reason).

i can get it ported and rebuilt with a 4mill crank without too much trouble, correct? im sorry if im a bit vague, but what would a port, rebuild, and 4 mill cost me? i just need a rough rough estimate.

thanks for anybody who takes the time.

I recently went to a 4 mil dune port. It was going to be around $1500 but I had to buy a new head and also needed some tranny work.

That was the price with assembly. Had them do it to make sure the ports were right for the stroke. Hope this helps. It was a huge difference from stock.

well it cost me about $2400 to do my 4mm dune ported build, but I bought everything new and did it correctly. Extra weld on the crank, maxload bearings,good intakes, carbs, and reeds, ported for the 4mm with cut domes(none of this spacer plate BS),billet basket, good clutch,pancake, the whole nine yards. I'm sure you could do it for allot less but I chose to do it right the first, and hopefully the last time. It's really up to you how much you want to spend. IMO spend the cash now before you spend it later on fixing it.

Edited by drewski

I think its safe to say its gonna cost you at least 1100. When your in there you should replace all the bearings in the transmission, any circlips you take off, do the shift shaft and star mods, might want to replace your idler gear bushing if you have a lot of ride time on the bike, check out the clutch tolerances, and if you have the extra money get some vforce reeds and a cool head. I beadblasted my cases and jugs when they were off too and re painted the jugs. If you can get to a sandblaster do it, my motor looks brand new now.