Runnin It Cold

just got a banshe....new to them rode 4 stroke all my life...is it trun that u cant ride them when its cold out bcc there liquid cooled n it will mess them up...also...what oil 2 gas mix does every1 use...thanx

Get some new friends. The ones you have are idiots. Are the 4 strokes not also liquid cooled, and your car or truck for that matter. What doeas liquid cooled and cold have to do with each other, other than running antifreeze. :huh:

You can ride in the cold, but you have to jet for it. It will run lean in the cold if the jetting was set during warn weather. It will take longer to warm up in the cold, and you shouldn't just fire it up and rip it. let it warm up some, and then ride it easy till it's full warm.

Asking a guy what kind of 2 stroke oil they like is just like asking them what kind of chicks they like, it will get you a bunch of different answers. For what it's worth, I use Klotz, but it seams like any thing meant for 2 stoke motor cycles works. Yamaha calls for a 24:1 ratio, and most people do not run it that thick, it seams like most people run 32:1 to 50:1, with most running 36:1 or 40:1 it seams like.

welcome to HQ bro :cheers:

your friends arent too bright. they could be just jealous that you have a faster bike..

i recommend pulling the carbs apart and checking to see what the jetting is. you can ride your banshee in the winter with no issues as long as the jetting isnt too lean. before you do too much cold weather riding i suggest checking the jetting.