CHAIN

biggbann

Buy your self a Regina Gold and be done with it.

O-Ring vs. Non O-Ring is just as it sounds. The O-Ring is ment for water and mud to help keep the elements out from between the links. If you run in sand do not use a O-Ring chain or it will get warn out in no time from the sand eatting the O-Ring.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=305

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=111

This may help , we usually sell the non oring for less friction/wieght to the Drag guys, and the X Ring for most all others. The X Ring is the new style O ring chain but with less friction as standard Orings.

O-Ring vs. Non O-Ring is just as it sounds. The O-Ring is ment for water and mud to help keep the elements out from between the links. If you run in sand do not use a O-Ring chain or it will get warn out in no time from the sand eatting the O-Ring.

I run sand only and I run a DID X ring, o ring chains were designed to run in sand, mud and other crap. Try running a non O ring chain in the sand and see how long it lasts. The sand will actually get inside the rollers and eat the pins up. Non O ring chain is old school and for the racing guys that are trying to reduce friction in the drivetrain to get more speed. My DID will last for two or three seasons and will usually outlast the sprockets. I have never had the sand eat the O rings. Also, DID O ring chain is what most, if not all, Banshees came from the factory with.

Edited by bansheesandrider

I run the Primary Drive Professional O ring chain. The one with the windows.

I do nothing but dune, I clean the factory lube off, wax it once, run it all year, then toss it come winter. They last long enough for me, and they are normally in great shape when the hit the shit can. The way I figure it, chains are cheap, cases are expensive. I'd rather blow 50 or so bones a year rather than replaces case due to a broken chain.

I run sand only and I run a DID X ring, o ring chains were designed to run in sand, mud and other crap. Try running a non O ring chain in the sand and see how long it lasts. The sand will actually get inside the rollers and eat the pins up. Non O ring chain is old school and for the racing guys that are trying to reduce friction in the drivetrain to get more speed. My DID will last for two or three seasons and will usually outlast the sprockets. I have never had the sand eat the O rings. Also, DID O ring chain is what most, if not all, Banshees came from the factory with.

Every single person I know that rides sand (we only hill shoot but I used to ride with alot of duners)uses NON O-Ring. The sand will eat the dog shit out of the O-Ring. I have ran nothing but Non O-Rings in Sand. Not a single issue ever. Only reason I have EVER changed my chain was because I went to a longer swinger. I am starting to think you like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Oh yea and if you run O-Ring chains and you wash your bike with a pressure washer, make sure you do not put the pressure directly between the link to clean the grease off. You can either jackup the O-Rings or get water stuck behind them and cause rusting.

Edited by Bansh-eman

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=305

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=111

This may help , we usually sell the non oring for less friction/wieght to the Drag guys, and the X Ring for most all others. The X Ring is the new style O ring chain but with less friction as standard Orings.

i've been running the ek x ring chain from jeff on my cub with a year and a half in all sorts of conditions and it has been flawless, still looks like new also

Every single person I know that rides sand (we only hill shoot but I used to ride with alot of duners)uses NON O-Ring. The sand will eat the dog shit out of the O-Ring. I have ran nothing but Non O-Rings in Sand. Not a single issue ever. Only reason I have EVER changed my chain was because I went to a longer swinger. I am starting to think you like to argue just for the sake of arguing.

Oh yea and if you run O-Ring chains and you wash your bike with a pressure washer, make sure you do not put the pressure directly between the link to clean the grease off. You can either jackup the O-Rings or get water stuck behind them and cause rusting.

EVERY person I know that runs sand runs an Oring type chain, the only guys around here that don't run O ring chain are the guys doing straight lihe drags and the MXers, again because they are trying to reduce weight and increase speed, you and your friends fit in this group. You are the only guy on here saying not to use O ring chain for all around dune use. I would say if your O rings got ate up, it was from using a lube that was not compatible with them or it was some cheap ass chain. I had an industrial chain wholesaler tell me to run non Oring chain and just replace it MORE often. I ran across one guy out in the Oregon Dunes with a snapped chain, I gave him a tow back in. When we got in I looked at his chain, it was non O ring and the pins were all almost wore through, that is why it snapped. You could flex the chain sideways into a complete circle, that was only one half of the broken chain. I used to ride with a group of about 30 quads of various makes and models, mostly Banshees, we all ran O ring chains and none af us ever had our O rings ate up from the sand nor did any of us ever expierence a broken chain. I have been riding in the dunes for 22 years, all on Banshees, and had been riding dirt bikes for 13 years before that, so I have a fair amount of expierence with chains and I am just posting what I have observed. I know that when it comes to chain, that you get what you pay for, that non O ring chain will get trashed in the sand, as will aluminum sprockets, and that the DID X ring chain is a decent chain for the money, if it is properly taken care of. If I was going to spend any more money on a chain, I would probably go to the Sidewinder Titanium setup. As for arguing, well I just don't like to see people misinformed.

if you want to run a non o-ring chain in the sand you can have one of my 2 that are completely F'ed after last season. I thought the non would do better in the sand. I couldn't be more wrong. get the O-ring and you won't have to worry about it. Just be sure to clean and lube it after each trip out.

• 1 month later...

+1 on the regina