Sand rookie looking for tires

JasonsBanshee

We are planning a trip to the dunes and I need some sand tires. I'll be lucky to hit the dunes once a year so I don't want to drop a lot of cash on a set of tires that will pretty much sit in my garage 360 days a year. What would be a suitable paddle for me to run? I really want Skat~Trak Haulers 22x11x8 (10 paddle) but they are outrages. I want something that will work good with my dune ported 4mil.

Fronts, what about these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-FRONT-DURO-SAND-MASTER-TIRES-21X7X10-SAND-TIRES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad651e46dQQitemZ390142747757QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

or these?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=138&navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webCatId=8&keyword=SAND+TIRE&prodFamilyId=26027#vehicleSelect

I wouldn't worry about front tires, regular tires will be fine, a little weight in front will help u turn if ur just duning. I ride dunes 90 percent of time and rock stock tires.

For rears, id snag a set from a local classifieds for under 100 on wheels. Around here u can get haulers on ksl.com for that on wheels all day. Don't really matter if ur just a couple times a year, anything is better than knobbies. Ull have fun on anything. Those sand haulers would be fine. There was a dude on here with a link to atvdragracer.com where someone bought the stock of those and was selling them. They are a hill shooting tire.

Edited by Banshee Chad

of the two sets of front sand tires you gave links to i would go with the second one ( the tire with the full rib on it) and as far as rear tires go most anything is better than stock as long as you have enough paddle. what kind of riding do you plan on doing when your in the dunes? (plain duning, drag racing, hill climbing...etc....)

of the two sets of front sand tires you gave links to i would go with the second one ( the tire with the full rib on it) and as far as rear tires go most anything is better than stock as long as you have enough paddle. what kind of riding do you plan on doing when your in the dunes? (plain duning, drag racing, hill climbing...etc....)

racing for sure and hill shooting

Those sandhaulers work well on a bike with a plus 4 or less swingarm. You probably have plenty of motor for up to a 10 paddle extreme but if you have a stock swingarm get some 8 paddles or less. If you can get some used ones and then just resell them you'll only be out $25 to 40 for shipping

racing for sure and hill shooting

how long is your swing arm? i agree with what radar said. if your swing arm is a +6 or 8 i would go with 22x11x8 9 or 10 paddle extremes but if its 4 or less then those sand haulers should work well.

I have a set of 22" dune runners that are on 8" rim and 8paddle for $130 shipped. Also have a set of 22" 9paddle extremes on 8" rim for $275 shipped.LMK if ur interested and ill shoot u some pics. I have a set of 20" 10paddle extremes on 10" rim that I would sell for $150 shipped but there 3 hours away from me and in a barn where theres 4ft. snow(Silver Lake).

~Teddy~

how long is your swing arm? i agree with what radar said. if your swing arm is a +6 or 8 i would go with 22x11x8 9 or 10 paddle extremes but if its 4 or less then those sand haulers should work well.

I'm working with a stock swing arm right now. I'll be switching to a plus 6 here shortly. The stock swing arm is SCARY right now with this motor.

I have a set of 22" dune runners that are on 8" rim and 8paddle for $130 shipped. Also have a set of 22" 9paddle extremes on 8" rim for $275 shipped.LMK if ur interested and ill shoot u some pics. I have a set of 20" 10paddle extremes on 10" rim that I would sell for $150 shipped but there 3 hours away from me and in a barn where theres 4ft. snow(Silver Lake).

~Teddy~

I'm interested for sure. Can you shoot pictures of the 22" dune runners and the 22" 9 paddle extremes if you have them handy to jasonmann1979@gmail.com

Hey Mike, I'd be careful buying AMS. I've heard they are junk. Check out this thread on my site.

http://www.bansheece...light=ams+tires

they split right down the middle.

Yeah I recall reading that...I may just get a set of sandstars or those cheap haulers you posted..I dont wanna buy some junk.

I found these rear paddles. How will these work? 8 paddle enough for my motor??

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

Got two sets of these tires from this guy and have ran them for three years. The first set were vulcanized wrong. So the paddles started to come off. I sent him pics of what was going on and sent me two new tires free of charge. The are great and half the price of more $ tires and work just as well. The have worked well on my banshee before it was modded. And still do great with a modded motor. Not to much paddle and not enough to bog it down. They are very light as well. But the rim size was kind of what through me for a loop. But the more side wall has done well with me for more flex in the tire to help hook up in the sand. But YOU will have to watch out when turning on these tires. Also if you start sliding down a hill or ride the hill sideways. You can just punch the gas and you will straighten out like and arrow.

Yeah I recall reading that...I may just get a set of sandstars or those cheap haulers you posted..I dont wanna buy some junk.

sandstars suck bro. go with a vulcanized paddle, whether it be skat trak or the sand hauler that jason posted a link to.