Easter Weekend

BigRed350x

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's going to be there? I'm planning on going for almost a week. Probably get there wednesday and head home sunday. I will probably have all 3 of my banshees with me. Anyone else from HQ gonna hit up the mad-house this year?

ill be there no matter what! been there the last 6 years in a row and wont miss it this year! ill have my 2 banshees there (nothing special) but none the less ill be there

• 4 weeks later...

ive never been there but would like to go. is there alot of hillshooting? also, does anyone know the directions there from vegas?

Hey James, From the look of this website: http://www.showland.org/2007_utah/0707sandhollow/0707sandhollow.html

It looks like Sand Mountain, is Sand Hollow. Which is just after St. George, near Hurricane Utah. We've gone there more than a few times. It's pretty awesome, but nothing huge like Dumont. Mostly just beautiful scenery, and nice red sand. We usually have gone in July, so it's deathly hot, but there is a reservoir to swim in..

-Gayla

Hey James, From the look of this website: http://www.showland....sandhollow.html

It looks like Sand Mountain, is Sand Hollow. Which is just after St. George, near Hurricane Utah. We've gone there more than a few times. It's pretty awesome, but nothing huge like Dumont. Mostly just beautiful scenery, and nice red sand. We usually have gone in July, so it's deathly hot, but there is a reservoir to swim in..

-Gayla

Not quite. Sand Mountain (aka Little Sahara, UT) is west of Nephi and north of Delta out on I think Hwy 6. Nephi is right on I-15 and is only like 45 minutes away.

Here is a pic from about halfway up Sand Mountain towards the southern end of it. There are also about 40,000 acres more of rideable dunes if I remember.

PA080042.jpg

One from the parking lot. The fingers are on the far left, then the face, then the whooped out side on the right is the slowpoke side. This pic is from a snowy week in October a few years ago.

PA070005.jpg

And one of the big dunes on the backside of the mountain.

PA080035.jpg

• 1 month later...