top end rebuild what else?

greenshee14

You may want to buy a Clymer's if you don;t already have one.

Without tearing the cases apart you can make sure the crank isn;'t bad by checking the play in the rods. You should have a little side to side play, but no up and down play. It would also be a good time to replace the reed petals if they look bad, change the oil and coolant, and make sure you install all new gaskets. You could clean the carbs while its apart too, just don't mix up the parts as each carbs has some parts that are unqiue to it in there. Also, if you don't have a billet impeller now would be a good time to do one of those too.

If the bike was running decent before you pulled it apart you might not want to go messing around with a lot of stuff before you put it back together. The more things you vhange at the same time the more chance of error there will be and it makes it hard to track down problems. If you change one thing ata time it is much easier to see where you went wrong. Just my experience when I was starting out messing around with my bike.