10mm / 68 bore Vito setup

Alex29573

does anyone here have this vito setup? If not, how about the cub guys?

is this something to race at the track strictly or can this be something reliable i can run all day long?

i ride about 4 hours a day, every sunday.

gas consumption is not a problem

it would be a pump gas (140psi), 4 deg timing, mild setup...

i have a 10mm vito cylinder and like j-madd said they are a drag race cylinder comparable to the cub, mine runs neck and neck with cubs. even thought you mentioned gas consumption was not a issue its not for trail riding or whatever kind of riding you do for 4 hrs, i make a pass or 2 then let mine cool down.

There was just a thread about their cylinders about a week ago and NO THESE ARE NOT A STRICT DRAG CYLINDER. Vito's actually has several types of porting for these cylinders, you just have to have them ordered to your specs. There is a bike I helped a buddy put together that runs their big block cylinders and he called and had them run a more mild port on them after casting and that thing out runs my old school sleeves in the woods every time!

There was just a thread about their cylinders about a week ago and NO THESE ARE NOT A STRICT DRAG CYLINDER. Vito's actually has several types of porting for these cylinders, you just have to have them ordered to your specs. There is a bike I helped a buddy put together that runs their big block cylinders and he called and had them run a more mild port on them after casting and that thing out runs my old school sleeves in the woods every time!

i dont want to put you down but your completely WRONG there is only ONE type of port on the vitos cylinders and its a DRAG port, whether its a stock, 4mm or 10mm stroke the ports are exaclty the same size(not the same heights). for shits and giggles i called vitos and asked about different porting options and they told me that as of right now theres only one style(mid-top drag) but they did mention a sleeved version will be available in the near future with lower port timing.

Well.. Vito's actually has 2 different aftermarket cylinders out there.. one is a mono-block and the other isn't.. I know the Mono-block has drag port durations.. I'm not sure what the durations are on the other setup.. depending on what the stock durations are.. a "dune port" or "agressive woods port" may be a option.

im actually very interested in getting a set of there 68mm cylinders kits also but for stock stroke. i called them and there is only one type of porting and its for drag, he said they will be offering an mx port in another month or two though. do these cylinders work well with stock carbs?

im actually very interested in getting a set of there 68mm cylinders kits also but for stock stroke. i called them and there is only one type of porting and its for drag, he said they will be offering an mx port in another month or two though. do these cylinders work well with stock carbs?

the stock carbs will work, just wont see the peak numbers you could get with 35-40's. i ran a stock stroke vito cylinder for awhile with stock carbs, v-force,4 degrees timing, with vitos fat bastard pipes, and 140psi. it ran pretty good pulled alota rpm with the low compression and those pipes. oh and i think i had like 350 mains with a open air box and k&n filter.

i dont want to put you down but your completely WRONG there is only ONE type of port on the vitos cylinders and its a DRAG port, whether its a stock, 4mm or 10mm stroke the ports are exaclty the same size(not the same heights). for shits and giggles i called vitos and asked about different porting options and they told me that as of right now theres only one style(mid-top drag) but they did mention a sleeved version will be available in the near future with lower port timing.

Not feelin' put down, but when I went out to oxford michigan with my buddy and picked these things up for his bike, I asked if these were drag like a cub and the guy told me it's called a drag port but not quite as extreme as a cub, and actually compared it to some heavier dune ports. I rode a 392 cub and it has no bottom compared to the bike I helped my friend put together, but the cub definitely pulls a bit harder albeit the cub had 35's on it and the vitos only had some 28's on it. I just know that my sleeved stock jugs pull hard in trails, but that vito's stealth set up gets me all the time.