case welding

nitrious cub

ok now that my cub is getting re built im building a super strong 421 cub i already got the strongest crank and rods bearing and strongest pistons. I want to weld and epoxy my cases i have seen where they do the welding and epoxy i just dont know how or what kind epoxy? And is there anything else i need to make stronger for a huge shot or nitrous?

ok now that my cub is getting re built im building a super strong 421 cub i already got the strongest crank and rods bearing and strongest pistons. I want to weld and epoxy my cases i have seen where they do the welding and epoxy i just dont know how or what kind epoxy? And is there anything else i need to make stronger for a huge shot or nitrous?

They aren't welded and epoxied for strength. They are welded and epoxied to make room for the trenching that pierces THROUGH the cases with large stroker motors.

Again...nothing to do with strength. The less welding you do to your cases, the better.

The case modification on the DM is because the cylinder bore is too big for stock cases; and the cylinder studs have to be relocated as well.

No need to weld on yours. Just match the cases to your ports if you want, though I don't know how much that really helps on a Cub.

What kind of shot are you putting on it .What pill?

i dont even have a kit yet im just building up my motor right now to handle the nitrous and i also have two sets of domes im getting some custom cut domes for race gas when i cant run nitrous and i have some 24cc domes for when i want to do some bit hits of nitrous.

does anyone know how much HP a stock banshee case can handle?

I've got 152hp coming out of stock cases on my 10mil twister in my sig. Make yourself a case-stay back to the frame on the stator side. Dajogejr gave me the idea on mine. Shoot him a PM and he can explain it to you in detail. Solid engine mounts are also a must if you're pushing bigger power.

- Jared

I've got 152hp coming out of stock cases on my 10mil twister in my sig. Make yourself a case-stay back to the frame on the stator side. Dajogejr gave me the idea on mine. Shoot him a PM and he can explain it to you in detail. Solid engine mounts are also a must if you're pushing bigger power.

- Jared

o ok thanks so whats a case-stay back is it that extra bar going to the front of the motor?

- Jared

ok i have been doing some research on how after market frames do motor mounting i was wondering on your frame do you still use those rummber washers on the top motor mounts?

I hope you didn't buy a billet crank for it. I've seen more billet cranks break than forged...

Since my cases are whacked to all hell, I had to make my engine stay bolt to the side cover (1/2 inch thick)

This should not be TIGHT, it should move a little...

61712471.jpg

Please elaborate Dave. Aren't Crankworks and Twister cranks forged?

I hope you didn't buy a billet crank for it. I've seen more billet cranks break than forged...

Since my cases are whacked to all hell, I had to make my engine stay bolt to the side cover (1/2 inch thick)

This should not be TIGHT, it should move a little...

61712471.jpg

where did you get that little bar? And those front motor mounts are not stock right? Ann i am pretty sure my crank is not a billet its just a hot rods crank.