wsm pistons?

jrmarquez.702

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are the forged ones they are good. I think they have some cheaper cast ones as well. They are lighter than wisecos, make a little more HP but they do not like detonation from my understanding. I have them in my Nate McCoy built 421 CUB.

If they are the forged ones they are good. I think they have some cheaper cast ones as well. They are lighter than wisecos, make a little more HP but they do not like detonation from my understanding. I have them in my Nate McCoy built 421 CUB.

yea, they're the forged pistons. ill be running them in my 10mil, hopefully they hold up....thanks

I believe that i read the WSM pistons have the same crown profile as a stock banshee piston. Therefore you will need a different shape dome than the standard cub with blaster pistons would use.

That's exactly right.

Blaster pistons (Wiseco 573M6800) have a different dome angle than the WSM.

So make sure you have a set of domes cut for the WSM piston dome, NOT the wiseco dome.

I know Nate McCoy loves these...and my buddy fouledout had a set in his McCoy 4 mil cub and it ran forever and ripped...

proper tolerances? im cornfused, lol. are you talkin about compression?

Tolerances being ring gap, piston to wall talerances ect. You can't put a piston in a hole without giving it room for expansion or your going to blow the motor. Each manufacture is differant depending on what metals are used. There should be info on the website to tell you the tolerances.

I would agree wholeheartedly with bansheman regarding reliability and operation of the motor.

The squish, unless unreasonably tight, has more to do with the efficiency and performance of the motor.

I wouldn't say that is as important as wall clearance or ring gap, but nonetheless is it important in overall motor health...

Not to mention that no piston manufacture I have ever seen gives any suggested tolerances for squish.

Just make sure that who ever you get your domes from has them properly cut for the crown angle and desired squish.

If you have a local builder, have him check the pistons and cylinders to insure they are matched.

As they all said it depends on what piston your motor is using now. If its a blaster piston you are using the banshee piston will be completely wrong. Those two pistons have a different pin to crown height as well as degree dome. With the WSMs also make sure you gap the rings, they might only be 5 to 8 thous, I gap mine .012.