what swingarm length are you cross country

bennieben1

my second banshee has plus 2" and plus 1" forward arms up front. im thinking of putting a plus four in the back so that the bike will be really stable going across the desert full blast. we do alot of wide open desert riding here in vegas. what do you guys think?

Hey, you might want to try posting this up in the sand section. Most XC and Hare Scramble guys are running through the woods, and some tighter trails. I don't know of too many XC sand races. Most people here are running close to stock length, and even some minus swingers.

i think ill try the plus 4 anyway. my buddy vic says i can try an extra one that he has. our desert out here has gravel, sand, hardpacked dirt and even loose dirt, whoops and rocks. its like the baja 1000. its a mixture of everything. i will give this a try and post the results at a later date. i hope it works, it should look cool at least.

the only way a that much extension will help you is if you have a nice long shock, you may have to relocate the rear shock (like the sundahl frame) but then the rear will float over the desert well. then you just need long travel up front.

i installed the plus 4. its too long. i think that i will put the stock one back on and enjoy the bike as japan first intended. thanks for the input guys :notworthy:

beenie talk to edwin at Avenger. He is a great guy. I ride about a hundred miles south of you. Just south of parker. He explained to me everything about swingarms and how to adjust them. I got my stocker tuned pretty will, but when i get some more dough i'll be going through him for a +1. Give him a call. he really helped my out!

beenie talk to edwin at Avenger. He is a great guy. I ride about a hundred miles south of you. Just south of parker. He explained to me everything about swingarms and how to adjust them. I got my stocker tuned pretty will, but when i get some more dough i'll be going through him for a +1. Give him a call. he really helped my out!

thanks for your help. i havent had time to finish this bike yet, plus its been raining here for awhile so i dont think ill even be able to try it out this weekend. i will look up avenger though. thanks alot man

• 11 months later...

i ride sand and woods occasionally i have a plus 2 and it works great and iam building a serval after i get rid of my cub it ran real hard and i was still able to control the front i find that bigger swingers play a better role when you plan shootin up the hill and off the line and it dont look like your a everyday dragger

I had a -2.5 on my old bike. My current build is using a stock length roundhouse but I have plans to drop back to a -2 on this one as well. I may keep the stocker to see if the -2 is too much for the serval. It's one of the best suspension mods out there, huge difference. headbang.gif

i tell you one thing trick you will have a hard time keepin the front down wit that serval i mean iam building the 7mm serval i dont no if ur goin wit the 4mm that might not be as bad but if your running a 90 + hp bike wit about 60pds of torque it wont be easy trust me i had a -2 on a 78 hp wit 46 pds of torque and it was very unstable at high speeds and the front was always up to hard to handle and goin up a hill is killa i guess it all about the setup ur running it dioes give you good traction but sometimes to much i just got my twister billet crank 7mm that shyt is sick