I'm a wanna be......

Hello from the buckeye state! I am a yfz450 rider and want to add a banshee to my garage. I'm probably going to look at an all stock, clean 2000 this weekend. I've seen pics and it looks very nice.

Are there any questions specific to the banshee that i should ask the seller?

What I already know about it: 3 Rides since top end rebuild, stock bore, 2nd owner, clean clear title, needs rear tires, K&N filter

What's a fair price for this machine?

Thanks for the help!

If i were you i would go there with a compression tester to check out those cylinders. If its a 2000 with some hours on it and the guy just honed it and threw in a new set of piston and rings that might not be the cure. How many Hours on the top end? 3 rides at 4 hrs a ride is 12hrs so that matters. Walk around the bike and check all the bearings, a-arms, front wheel bearings, just wiggle the wheels back and forth and look for slop, rear axle bearings, lift up rear end and shake side to side look for slop. how long has it been on the clutch? Check out the sprockets for wear. If everything is in good shape 1500 to 2000 right now around here. Id lean more toward the 1500 mark.

Edited by TwistedSheeRida

last summer i bought my 2000 banshee, thing looked a little abused, but seemed to run fine and was in decent shape. i paid 1500 for it, got it home and the thing was definately abused and the previous owner was an idiot! Make sure everything is straight and not tweaked, including the pipes and swing arm. If you ask me i overpaid because now because of his mistakes it doesnt run anymore and i dont know why. All im saying is be careful and make sure the person you are buying from has some common sense as well to be sure they havent screwed anything up with it.

Talked to the guy for a while today and this is what I now know. I appreciate your input.

- Current owner bought it 6-8 mos ago

- He put new pistons, pins, rings, gaskets & bearings in it (wiesco std. compression pistons & stock bore) he said less than 10hrs (3 rides at 3hrs) on new top end

- Clutch has never been replace but he said it feels good

- He agreed to do compression test when I look at it

- Frame is straight

- No bearings ever replaced

- Title is in sellers name

- Asking $2200 and is saying bottom line is $2k but i heard a little wiggle room so I think i could go $1800 - $1900 cash.

15hizbr.jpg

33c17km.jpg

Edited by -Herbie-

take cash. start at 1800. bikes arent moving that well, so if hes serious you will get it for 2000 or less.

welcome to HQ bro! beer.gif

X1

Study the handle bars and the front end carefully, that loop area usually gets bent when flipped or rolled. Then the bargaining begins. Welcome!!

smile.gif