wont start suddenly

theantboy

Rebuilt my engine a year ago havent used it to much within the year and last time i put new gas in it was when i went out to the sand dunes in july. My question is what you think why it won't start suddenly and do you think my engine won't start because of old gas? If i spray starter fluid in it, it will start fine then die like it is out of gas also. Checked spark and that is fine. Thanks for any help

Carbs are probably pluged from old gas, take them apart and clean the jets. Take a compressor or a small piece of wire to the small holes in the pilot jets. Im sure the gas is sperated from sitting that long, you need to mix some fresh gas and put in it.

agreed

i had the same prob yest startin my shee... i cleaned the carbs and still nothing, the carbs were pretty nasty tho. i realized i only had a lil fuel in the tank and the petcock valve was on reserve.. when i turned the valve to on it started and ran. there was no fuel flow when it was on reserve cuz the gas level was so low.

well lets think of things here.. i will not waste money on a fuel stabalizer unless i have a 55 galon jug of race gas premixed........ why put stabalizer in a 2 1/2 gallon tank??. run the thing till its out of gas and store it....... dont u think....infact u dont even have to run it dry// take the fuel linbe pout and let it all drain out. and put fresh new gas. :cheers: btw i had the same problem. i hit it with ether and itll start right up and die like it has no gas.. check your pilots... and check your idle mix screws.. anywhere from 1 1/2 o 2 turns out.. find that sweet spot..