Shee Bogging out

333bbb333

I got the shee running and it sounds good at idle, but as soon as I try to go it feels like its being held back, like the brakes are on. When I rev it up in neutral or in gear, from about half throttle on it sounds like it is bogging down. Right now I am running 340 mains 30 pilots and the clip is on the third slot from the bottom out of 6 slots total, the bike set up is as follows. I cant find the charts everyone keeps referring to on the forum to try and dial it in myself, and im lost with carbs still. Please help

28mm Mikuni flat slide carbs with pods

Toomey T-6 pipes

Stage 2 CDI

billet intake with built in crossover

and carbon reeds on stock cages

And it has a standard bore

Edited by 333bbb333

I agree with loco,I have never jetted 28s but I have jetted 30s like yours drop the pilot,start at a 300 main with no port work,if you have a problem finding pilots let me know ,when i was jetting these carbs I bought jets by the six pack from sudco ill hook you up for shipping

have you checked to make sure your plugs arent fouled? are you getting good spark?

340 mains and 30 pilots sound a little rich. assuming that these carbs jet like stock, you shouldnt need any more than a 27.5 pilot in there.

stage 2 cdi? what is that?

Not sure how to explain the stage 2 cdi all I know is I bought a new cdi from AMR and it was a stage 2, they say it gives it more HP, easier starting, and works well on stock or modified motors.

As for the jetting this the 340 and 30 is what i got from everyone here on the forums when I gave them my set up, Ill try dropping down to 300 and 27.5 if you think that sounds like a better set up, I dont think I listed my altitude on my last post, but I am at sea level, close to the beach so lots of moisture in the air here.

I agree with loco,I have never jetted 28s but I have jetted 30s like yours drop the pilot,start at a 300 main with no port work,if you have a problem finding pilots let me know ,when i was jetting these carbs I bought jets by the six pack from sudco ill hook you up for shipping

Thanks I already got some jets coming, Im going to try and switch, the plugs look a little wet so it makes sense.