Progressive suspension

Crazyatvspazz

http://www.albaaction.com/productdetail.htm?productId=9972167&browse=252101&shopBy=11963&catalogId=1902

I found these on albas site. are they any good? I am setting my shee up for woods what would be a good setup? Wider a-arms? i dont want to put 2K in suspension... I just want something thats better in the rough stuff. Idc if there not adjustable in every way you can think of. Just a good upgrade from stock.

appreciate any input!

Those shocks do not look much better than stock in my opinion. Cascade Innovations has the Works dual rate fronts for just under $400. I think the Works would be much better for the stock arms. I just picked up a set of YFZ450 shocks myself and had Tim at Stellar build me a set of +2+1 A-arms that are very nice! I have under $700 in the whole front end. That's shocks, arms, brakelines and tierods. Just got it together and haven't had a chance to ride it yet.

Im not a big fan or not even a fan of works crap. I have had nothing but probs with them in the past and they didnt want to take care of them. Went with Elka and have never looked back. I swapped out my pro triple rate works for a set of yfz450 shocks and much better. The rez on the works is about 2/3s of the size of the stock rez on the yfz. which leads to better cooling and more oil. My works kept fading really fast just after about 30mins of dune riding. You could feel the shock and they where getting hot. Feel the yfz shock or my elkas and they are nice and cold. And plus with the yfz shock you get compression adj, rebound and preload adj. Your going to pay out your ass just for those adj on works shocks. I have been riding my yfz shocks for 2 years now with no complaints. Just wanting to make them a dual rate springs and revalve them for the dunes and thats it. But all in all on those Progressive shocks, they are a great up grade for like a stock rhino or what not. Had a buddy use them for about a year at the dunes and loved them over stockers. Then he moved to LT with some elkas as well. :headbang:

Edited by GrMeyer

I swapped out my pro triple rate works for a set of yfz450 shocks and much better. The rez on the works is about 2/3s of the size of the stock rez on the yfz. which leads to better cooling and more oil. My works kept fading really fast just after about 30mins of dune riding. You could feel the shock and they where getting hot. Feel the yfz shock or my elkas and they are nice and cold.

i looked at the pinned thread on how to do the YFZ swap but (and no offense to anybody) it will take a cold day in hell before i EVER start hacking up anything on my shee. Iknow a-arms are no big deal but im not going to hack on the top shock mount thats welded to my frame. my banshees brand new. im good. What elka/works would you guys recommend FOR WOODS/FAST FIRE ROADS. I dont do sand!!! thanks

I've had stockers, works dual rates, Elka tripple rates with rezzies and now YFZ450 shocks. I have always ran a +2+1 front end. I would rate the Elkas the best, then the yfz 450s followed by works then stockers. Also, I wouldn't spend $400 works, when you can spend $200 on a nice set of 450 shocks. If your just going to run a stock front end forever, then go with a dune edition Elka. They will cost you about as much as Works and you will be getting a better shock.

I would have to agree with the elka dunes. But if your going to go all out on shocks you might as well get the ones with rez and compression rebound adj. That way you can fine tune them for any type of riding you will be doing. But as for the tread on how 2 with the shocks. The top shock mount is only shaved down on the bottom side so it clears the rez on the shock. As for the arms. I would just go and find some after market arms and then you will not have to cut or what not on the stock bottom arms. I cut mine because I wanted the shocks and didnt care about the arms because I knew I was moving to a +2+1 arms.

I wouldnt turn you to any works shocks out there. Maybe if they are given to you but not what they are worth and what they do. They are crap in my book.:flush:

I got a set of dual rate elkas off of ebay, set up for my weight, riding style, and type of a-arms, for about $450 if i'm not mistaken. They're on ebay and they don't even take that long to set up and have them shipped to you. Like people said why spend 300-400 on works when you can spend 450 on elkas and have way better performance. My elkas came with tools, a shirt, a bunch of stickers, and I've heard on here before that they have a serial number on them so you can always call and ask them what they're set up for (For example if you were selling them you can offer the number to anyone interested in calling elka and seeing for themself) Works doesn't offer that so I have to send my rear shock out even though it might already be set up for my weight.

I'm not bashing works or saying they don't offer you a cool shirt and pretty stickers but for the $50-$75 extra dollars i'd go with elka.

Yes elka puts a number on all their shocks and have it in the system. So if someone down the road gets your shocks they can call elka and find out how the shock was set up from them. It is nice as well because, when I buy parts from them, all i do is give them the shock numbers and the parts I need and about a week later they are here at the house.

Ill bash works. They suck all around. Have had nothing but probs with them and I even had a rear shock rebuild by them. Bad Idea. And they wouldnt fix it.