possibly a jet issue?

zr2highrider

well, depending on how cold it is there, you may want to step up to a 310 or 320 main untill summer, and the numbers in the bowls only signify something like the materials and something else like date and plant, but the only thing that tells which is the choke side bowl is the jet in the bowl. you should probably clean that jet, too....

Ok me and my friend who has had a shee for a few years started to tinker with it yesterday. He said I was running it way to rich and told me to go to 32:1. Did and it still is a little hard to start. I just want to rule everything else out first before I buy another jet size. (im cheap...poor college kid) It runs 10 times better when its started now. It still has a little sputter at 1/2 throttle before hitting the powerband. Also, when my barn is heated up to bout 70* it popped right off like a champ.

So, stepping up on the main is the way to go?

it actually sounds like you may have weak spark. check that you have good, blue spark when you crank it ove, and check the pickup gap on the flywheel. also, what setting are the needles at? you need to make sure of the spark before you go further into jetting. however, when you are ready, start with the mains, which set wot warmmed up to poerating temp, then you set the needles for the mixture from 1/4-3/4 throttle. for the starting, hold your hand over the carb openings, or snorkel hole if you have the lid installed. if it starts up good, then you still have choke issues.

it actually sounds like you may have weak spark. check that you have good, blue spark when you crank it ove, and check the pickup gap on the flywheel. also, what setting are the needles at? you need to make sure of the spark before you go further into jetting. however, when you are ready, start with the mains, which set wot warmmed up to poerating temp, then you set the needles for the mixture from 1/4-3/4 throttle. for the starting, hold your hand over the carb openings, or snorkel hole if you have the lid installed. if it starts up good, then you still have choke issues.

You nailed it on the head with that one! Turns out that there was water in with my stator. Took some steal wool to the flywheel (had surface rust on it) and it cleaned up like new. Also cleaned the connections on my coil. Fat blue spark and my shee starts first kick (no choke on) after sitting for about 4-5 hours. Really cant that you enough for the advice AKheathen!

Ok, new symptom.

Started tinkerin with my shee today and found out that im getting spark to only ONE plug wire. The one "dead" wire is still getting juice but not much. The way i fugured this out was by taking off one plug wire and see if it ran. Well, it ran but not good (expected). Switched out the plug wire and it didnt start at all. I did this with the other cylinder and had the same results. So, this would either mean a bad plug wire or a bad coil correct?