exhaust burnin air filters

^^^^^^ These guys are right, I have cpi's and was having the same problems, i bought some heat wraps from cascade and problem solved

Joey

the wrap does work awesome my buddy was going to run a two into one filter instead of two pods because of his outer wares getting burn holes did the wrap never had a problem again it just takes some time to get the wrap on right

the wrap does work awesome my buddy was going to run a two into one filter instead of two pods because of his outer wares getting burn holes did the wrap never had a problem again it just takes some time to get the wrap on right

I zip tie my filters together and they clear my CPIs

You don't have to spend $50 bucks on header wrap. I wrapped exhaust heat shield around my stingers. It works great and only costs $10 bucks a sheet. You will only need one sheet to effectively wrap both stingers if need be. I personally wouldn't zip tie my filters together. I would think that would add stress to the boots and eventually cause them to crack. Thats just my opinion though. How are you burning plug wires?

I zip tie my filters together and they clear my CPIs x2

cheap easy fix

I guess i dont understand how you zip tie k&n filters? they are melting from touching them and smashing a good set of filters just dont make sense to me.

You don't have to spend $50 bucks on header wrap. I wrapped exhaust heat shield around my stingers. It works great and only costs $10 bucks a sheet. You will only need one sheet to effectively wrap both stingers if need be. I personally wouldn't zip tie my filters together. I would think that would add stress to the boots and eventually cause them to crack. Thats just my opinion though. How are you burning plug wires?

I burn spark plug wires on my pickup alot thats why i was gonna get the header wrap, and just cut off a chunk for my banshee. but rocky mountain sells heat shield, i don't know if that would work it might melt the glue if i stick it on my stingers?