421 CHEETAH Trail bike

robert0762

Was planning on having my stock cyl. ported for trail ridin. I have been looking around and found out that i can get a 421 pv cheetah setup. I am wondering if it will be a good trail bike with crazy top end. or if the port timing is still too far off to make enough low end to be a good candidate for tight trail riding.

If it is a good idea how about some pipe and carb suggestions for me

Edited by robert0762

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want something with good low mid that i can take up the road anybody who wants it is coming my way. not worried about the money I been saving up for a build neway. i just dont know if the pv will give me that versitility that I am looking for. If I set pipes and carbs up fot a strong mid good high,or good mid strong high will tha pv give me the low end i will be trading off. Just trying to find out if its possible

Edited by robert0762

how tight of trails are you talking about?

what are you running in your trails right now?

2nd and third gear

right now i am just piped with a k&n and I just need more grunt. My original plan was 4 mill with a port job from hjr that kevin said is( kind of a play dune)but tuned for pc pipes but that might change

Edited by robert0762

2nd and third gear

right now i am just piped with a k&n and I just need more grunt. My original plan was 4 mill with a port job from hjr that kevin said is( kind of a play dune)but tuned for pc pipes but that might change

here is a few more things you will have to buy for the cub to be reliable,pingle,billet basket,pancake bearing,TZ bearing,max load bearing for the mag side,lock out,new clutch,gutted gas cap, case saver and possible override cause the dam thing wont shift with all that new power. did you save for all that as well? ;)

here is a few more things you will have to buy for the cub to be reliable,pingle,billet basket,pancake bearing,TZ bearing,max load bearing for the mag side,lock out,new clutch,gutted gas cap, case saver and possible override cause the dam thing wont shift with all that new power. did you save for all that as well? ;)

Wont be going with a overide and lock-up uless it is absolutly neccesary. Is it?

Wont be going with a overide and lock-up uless it is absolutly neccesary. Is it?

your gonna allmost triple your HP,so you might not have a choice.there are people on here who got away without doing it and there is alot"including me" who had to . Good luck!

2nd and third gear

so what you are saying is the trails you ride are pretty technical? they must be if you are barely hitting 3rd gear.

i'm not sure you would want a cheetah in those conditions. imo it will be a handfull in anything technical.

now if you have any open areas to open it up it, like logging/ fireroads or any open fields i would go for it.

No fucking way! Its his choice in the long run but someone has to step in and tell him how it is. When I first started I wanted the fastest thing around. But b4 you even think about that. There are other things you need to address other than that motor. Do you have suspension? Because once you bolt that motor in. You are going nowhere in the trails with no suspension setup. And that motor is totally opposite for the type of riding you do. How much $ is the PV motor you are looking @? Using this site. Im am pretty confident that you can get a nice used suspension and some ported jugs for the price you would have paid for that motor. I promise you that you would appreciate more in the long run. Fuck that 421 shit. Call HJR or FAST and pick their brains. You will never look back.

2001stroker has a "trail" banshee with a PV motor in it that i believe is the same dimensions as the one you are looking at. send him a PM and ask him what you would need to get a bike like that setup, both money and parts wise.. he is a great guy and im sure would be more that willing to send u some pointers

well 2001stroker isnt on here anymore. Ive ridden his 10mil cheetah, its not a trail bike by all means, its an aggressive trail (wide 4-6th gear trails) and hillclimbs. You get into technical stuff with a +6 swing arm and pin it... your going into the trees (ive seen him do it lmao) Im personally building a 421 PV'ed cheetah now, and basically doing the same type of riding, but im more into the drag scene. Im getting another banshee for trails and to beat on... stock jugs. PT mids, 23/22 tires and 12/41 gearing.